Monthly Archives: September 2011
The new film created by Tomas Maier about Bottega Veneta Scent by Christian Weber caught my attention. It basically tells us about the story of the fragrance.
This is how the scent is described:
“Evoking the suppleness and sensuality of the house’s renowned leather goods, the fragrance, a leathery floral chypre, marries the olfactory language of the Venetian countryside —fresh meadows, mown hay, flowers, earth, and wood— with the gentle richness of leather in a creation crafted with the meticulousness of a master artisan.
The backbone of the fragrance is chypre with a combination of bergamot, patchouli and oak moss. Sensual floral and spicy components gesture toward the East, a recollection of Venice’s place at the end of the Silk Road.
Natural ingredients trace a global path: there is bergamot from Italy, Jasmine Sambac picked in India, and patchouli from Indonesia. Composed by renowned master perfumer Michel Almairac, the Bottega Veneta fragrance reveals its
Chanel just launched two new products as a part of their ULTRA CORRECTION LIFT range.
Ultra Correction Lift Lifting Firming Comfort Day Cream SPF 15 , £87.00
“The LIFTING FIRMING COMFORT DAY CREAM SPF 15 is a new interpretation of the ULTRA CORRECTION LIFT cream. It has been specially created for women who want their skin to feel firmer and more comfortable, but also want a rich and nourishing texture.
Formulated with the active ingredient elemi PFA and the purest concentration of shea butter, it restores firmness to the skin by acting at the heart of cells. A tightening, lifting effect can be felt upon application (+35%), while its firming action is proven after just four weeks of use (+11%).
The wonderfully smooth texture envelops the skin in supreme comfort (+65%). It melts in with the lightest touch, leaving behind a velvety finish and a delicate floral scent, heightened by green fruity notes. Intensely nourished and moisturized, the skin feels firm, soft, supple and comfortable.”
I’ve got the mini size of Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base with my Lancome purchase the other day. I am a huge fan of Lancome mascaras so, obviously, I was curious about this base.
This is what Lancome says:
“The magic behind this mascara base is the conditioning formula—featuring micro-fibers and Vitamin E – to add extra length and thickness to your lashes for added visible performance to your mascara.”
It does give a better volume and length. I’ve asked my
Here is a preview of the Too Faced Holiday 2011 sets that are already available at Sephora (I think there will be more later) and I think that each one makes an amazing gift for a girl who loves makeup.
Sweet Dreams Makeup Collection ($186 Value), $52
This set comes playfully packaged in a large, mirrored, decorative palette with a pull-out drawer containing get-the-look cards.
- 15 x 0.03 oz Eye Shadows in In The Buff (matte ivory), Peach Fuzz (golden peach shimmer), Copper Peony (copper sun), Teddy Bear (matte taupe brown), Lovey Dovey (sable brown shimmer), Satin Sheets (golden pink champagne shimmer), Cut The Cake (lavender mauve shimmer), Party Girl (bright violet), Nice Ash (charcoal), Smolder (matte navy), Honeymoon (burnished gold shimmer), Label Whore (metallic brown with blue iridescent), Nice Stems! (golden clover), Cop A Teal (peacock blue), First Dance (matte deep purple)
- 0.14 oz Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (rich matte bronze)
- 0.14 oz Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder (sheer luminous soft gold)
- 2 x 0.08 oz Blush in Cocoa Rose (soft pink brown), Sweet Pink (fresh pink sheen)
- 0.35 oz Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Signature step-by-step instruction cards
Beautiful Dreamer Makeup Collection ($128 Value), $46
- 0.26 oz Sun Bunny Bronzing Powder & Who’s Your Poppy Blush Duo (satin suntan/ peachy pink sheen)
- 0.35 oz Eye Shadow Collection in Teddy Bear (matte taupe brown), Blonde Ambition (pale shimmering gold), Totally Toasted (bronze shimmer), Satin Sheets (golden pink champagne shimmer)
- 0.17 oz Shadow Insurance in Candlelight (golden sheen)
- 0.56 oz Pink Swan Lip Gloss (sheer sparkling pink)
- 0.4 oz Lashgasm Mascara in Black
- Pink Zip Cosmetic Case
In Your Dreams
Can you guess what I’ve got? Well, I guess you can if you’ve read the name of this post 😉 I wanted to write something like “I’ve got Naked or similar” but I don’t want to attract any perverts.
So yes… I’ve got myself a Naked palette!
I do a lot of makeovers in my free time both for weddings, special occasions and just for my friends so I though it would save a lot of space in my kit. And yes, let me tell you, it’s a great palette to have with you. Plus a lot of girls love it and some are even asking if I have the Naked palette.
See what I mean? And how gorgeous is my model, right?!