This feature has been sitting in drafts since summer, so it’s about time I share my thoughts on Sarah Chapman Skinesis Skin Insurance SPF 30 Perfecting Tint.
I really love Skinesis, and the products I have tried are amazing (my Cleanser review) so I was expecting a lot from this, and was correct.
What did I like about this product?
I love writing Christmas gift guides but especially the luxury ones, because when else other than Christmas (and your Birthday, perhaps), you can get away with asking for something high-end? Or, maybe, getting a real treat for your loved ones or even for yourself?
So here are my top picks when it comes to luxury beauty products. And I’ve included only the things which I’ve tried myself and loved, or the things that I think deserve attention.
And, yes, I am aware that it is only October but I know a lot of people who like to plan in advance.
1. Liberty London Advert, £215 from the 16th of October.
This is the ultimate beauty gift, in my opinion. My husband very kindly got it for me last Christmas, and it was one of the best gifts ever. It is worth £600 so £215 is a bargain, if I dare say so.
Alternative: I have posted a lot of other Advent Beauty Calendars on my Facebook page.
2. Goutal Perfumes, £110/£132 for 100 ml from Liberty, Escentual, Harrods.
There is something so special about the Goutal Paris perfumes (the brand was called Annick Goutal previously). The scents are exquisite and sophisticated, the bottles are gorgeous and elegant. If money was not an option I would love to have a whole wardrobe of their beautiful fragrances. But, as for now, I am really enjoying Rose Pompon. Also worth mentioning that the brand recently released alcohol free scents.
3. Foreo Gadgets, £119 for a small one or £169 for a big version from Cult Beauty and Nordstrom.
Brilliant Swedish brand which offers a big variety of facial cleansing and massaging devices, toothbrushes and more. Not only the design is Scandi-chic, the gadgets last forever (here, here, here are mine) but they also are very effective.
4. Omorovicza Skincare Sets Replenish & Restore Collection shown, £95 from Cult Beauty
It’s not a secret that am a big fan of Omorovicza, and, obviously, had to include their sets in the guide. My skin loves it, and that justifies the price tag for me. The set I’ve chosen includes: Miracle Facial Oil (30ml) Rejuvenating Night Cream (15ml), and Omoressence (50ml) .
Alternatives: 111skin, Anne Semonin. Both brands with a hefty price tags which I’ve tried some products from, and loved.
5. Luxury Hair Care: Leonor Greyl, Long Hair Volume Set, €120 from
I love me a luxury hair care products, and Leonor Greyl is as good, as it gets. Everything I’ve tried from the brand was exceptional quality:
This feature was sitting in drafts for months now, so finally I’ve got around writing about it. I’ve been hearing a lot of incredible things about Sarah Champan’s Skinesis line, I’ve listened to many interviews with her, and she seemed like such a knowledgeable lady, and also extremely passionate about her company. It also did not hurt that some of friends love the line, and Victoria Beckham is a fan. I mean…
This cleanser actually ended up in my 2018 favourites and here is why.
It is a luxurious oil based cleanser that is a pleasure to use. Works great for massaging the skin (here is Sarah’s tutorial) and leaves it clean, smooth and soft. And even glowing and radiant, I honestly think so! Also, it never makes my [dry] skin feeling tight or dry.
The gentle balm turns into milk when
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are