Here, as promised on Twitter, are the photos and swatches of YSL’s Touche Eclat Anniversary Design and three new shades 2.5, 4.5 and 5.5.
You can read all the details about the products and see twenty tips on how to use them here.
Here are the photos of the anniversary design without and with flash. As you can see, it has a very pretty pattern on.
As for the new shades, here is how they look like swatched
Touche Eclat from Yves Saint Laurent is a cult product, it is a favourite of a lot of celebrities, Make-Up Artists and it is also a favourite of mine.
Actually, I always have mine in my bag!
Touche Eclat actually celebrates the 20th anniversary! You can see the gorgeous special edition design below, I personally really love it, pure luxury!
Fred Letailleur, Yves Saint Laurent North European Make-up Artist, has prepared 20 Touche Éclat application tips below:
1. Touche Éclat can be used around the eyes to brighten and diffuse imperfection.
2. Apply it on the inner corner and outer corner of the eye then blend in long strokes towards the temple.
3. To transform an eye shadow into a matte texture, mix Touche Éclat with Pure Chromatics on the back of your hand.
4. Before highlighting with shade number 1, using number 3 over the inner eye can neutralise blue undertone.
5. Touche Éclat can be used as a base over the eye lid to improve the hold of eye shadow.
6. Use in the inner corners of the eyes to brighten tired eyes and to enhance the white of the eye.
7. Blend Touche Éclat number 6 as a warm cream bronzer over the cheeks.
8.Flatten the brush between the thumb and the index finger for an ultra precise applicator.
9. Use on the bridge of the nose, between the brows, on the top of cheekbones and on the chin, to sharpen your features.
10. Darker tones such as shade 5 can be used to contour and shape when used underneath the cheeks.
11. Blend with
One of the products that is almost always in my makeup bag, besides this eye brow pencil, is Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat and right now I am using shade #2.
I think this products doesn’t need an introduction as pretty much everyone knows Touche Elat. It is basically a hybrid of highlighter and concealer.
I don’t like using heavy concealers under my eyes so I use this one almost every day to highlight and conceal the area under my eyes. Touche Eclat doesn’t hide heavy dark circles but it is perfect if yours are not that bad.
I’ve also used this product on lots of people and
The cult product Touche Eclat which was originally launched in 1992, is now available in several shades.
I actually really like this part of the press release: “Golden radiance, inspired by sunlight, and developed to reveal a woman’s most precious quality.”
As you probably know, Touche Eclat a concealer, corrector and highlighter in one product. I also like the idea that you can use a darker shade for contouring on fairer complexions, or a lighter shade for highlights on darker skintones. I will have to try that out.
The shades are:
- No.1 Luminous Radiance: The ultimate highlighter
- No.1.5 Luminous Silk: For fair complexions with pink undertones
- No.2 Luminous Ivory: For fair complexions with golden undertones
- No.3 Light Peach: For warm and golden-beige complexions
- No.5 Luminous Honey: For Mediterranean complexions
- No.6 Luminous Amber: For Mixed African complexions
- No.7 Luminous Mocha: For dark complexions. Specially designed for the UK market.
I’ve got so many great tips on how you can try using your Touche Eclat that I just have to share some of them. All tips are from
Highlighters in sticks is nothing new, and a lot of brands have those but I have noticed that it is a micro trend for Spring. And it is a great format, quite frankly, and I can totally see why more brands are bringing one out!
Easy to use on the go, beautiful creamy texture, instant pick-me-up, glow giver. What is not to love?