Posts by Marina
Autumn feels like the perfect time to be reading, as it gets dark so early, and it’s just a great feeling to be all cosy on the sofa with a cup of tea and some candles.This is why I wanted to share 6 books I’ve finished recently. And they are quite a mix.
I have also joined the book club, and will have my first meeting soon, so very excited about that.
1. Grace A Memoir By Grace Coddington (Amazon)
As you would imagine, this is one of a kind autobiography. Grace shares about all her adventures, and all those wonderful places and people. It would be especially interesting for people who are fascinated with fashion and beauty industries. On a more personal note, now I really want to go to Anglesey Island in Wales.
2. Women by Charles Bukowski (Amazon)
I am ashamed to admit, but this is the first Bukowski book that I’ve read. I was listening to a podcast about him, and finally read it a few weeks ago. “Women” is
It’s great that gut health is finally getting all the attention it deserves, I also like the fact that you can even read books written by doctors which are simplified, so that even people with no medical background can understand them. I personally read and liked Gut by Giulia Enders when it came out, and it explained a lot of things.
While it is amazing to have an understanding of how things work, I still trust such important issues only to qualified specialists. Hence last summer I went to a private clinic to run all the tests, as a few things were bothering me, and to find out the issue. Long story short, it cost me a quite a lot and I had a strict diet combined with medication for a few months, but it was absolutely worth it.
This is why I am delighted to bring you a collaboration about the gut health, and would encourage you to take it seriously. It’s not just your general health but also your mood and the way your skin looks.
Have a dicky tummy? Here’s how to make sure your gut is healthy
Everyone has experienced the not so lovely feeling of having stomach problems. Whether it’s from a bit of food that isn’t “agreeing” with us, or something in your diet that acts as a trigger for your insides to turn a little crazy, that feeling that something inside is draining all your energy isn’t a nice one.
So how do you know if your stomach or digestive system has issues, if your gut is healthy and what can be done to get your digestive health is such a good condition that it will feel like it can ace any tests?
Here is a short guide to having a healthy gut and what to do to make it better.
Firstly, know what gut health encapsulates
A lot of people see Black Friday as pure evil these days, and it can be, when people just start buying tonnes of things they don’t even need, and are ready to kill each other to get that last set of whichever.
However, it can be also a great time to actually save on the things that you do need or really want. And also save on the Christmas presents.
This is why I personally have wish lists to know exactly what I am after.
While most retailers have some kind of discounts, I am just going to include a few websites that I actually like. Although, I have this in the “About” section, here is another reminder. The links are affiliated so if you choose to use them, it will help to maintain the website.
Cult Beauty Deals.
One of my favourite shops, Liberty, offers up to 30% off and 15 % off beauty here.
Up to 70% off at ASOS
Nordstrom Black Friday Offerings here.
A lot of great discount at John Lewis.
I like to make lists of the things that I need/want for a few reasons, mostly not to get
crap items I do not need, and also to keep an eye on the discounts/sales of the things which I plan on getting.
Last time I’ve posted my wish list in the beginning of July, and I did get the products from the list. So let’s do it again. Only this time, it is not just beauty but more of a lifestyle wish list. And I’ve been strict with myself and only included the things I truly want.
- Aquis Hair Turban Lisse Luxe, ( I like Desert Rose), £30 from Space NK and Look Fantastic. I’ve been resisting this for a few years (yes, really) but after reading how it is life changing, and how it helps to keep the hair in place and dries it quicker, I would really love one. It should also last for years so I am willing to give it a go, considering how much I hate having a big towel around my hair
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Classico Mascara, Black, £24 from John Lewis Giorgio Armani Maestro Eye Liner, 01, £24.80. Mascara and eye liner and probably the most important makeup items for me, so I choose them very carefully. Unfortunately, high street brands don’t quite give me the results I am after, so I’d rather invest and enjoy the high quality performance.
- Luxury Pink Lip Gloss. Pink gloss is my “everyday nude”. I’ve used up a few of my favourites so would love to get a replacement. And I am thinking something very special like Chantecaille Love £29 from Space NK/ Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss £38 from Harrods or byTerry from Cult Beauty. Yes, it is not necessary to spend that much on a lip gloss but I barely buy makeup these days.
I am a big fan of Trish McEvoy, and I every single product I have tried from the brand was absolutely amazing, including this cult favourite Instant Eye Lift Concealer which was already mentioned among my favourites.
To be honest, I don’t mind some dark circles under my eyes, in fact, I do not like when that area is completely flawless, I would never use 2-3 products under my eyes, as it is simply not my kind of look. I also do not like that many products for that area, the ones I do love include YSL and RBR.
However, I am a huge fan of Trish’s Instant Eye Lift. This is a magical product, as the name suggests, it is an instant eye lift, the peachy shade counteracts all the blue tones and your under eye area looks brighter and you look well rested, even