I am sorry that I am writing about my September favourites only now but it is better later than never, right?
I love writing these, as it it always great to see what you’ve been loving, beauty wise.
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette (review and swatches)
I have rediscovered this little gem. The colour is spot on for me, and I like the shape of it which allows a very quick but still a precise application.
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride (review and faceswatches)
Love Autumn makeup, all the berry and wine shades, and this was the blush of the month, not only I’ve used it on my friend’s wedding day but I have been also using it on myself pretty much every day. It gives that beautiful flush with a hint of subtle golden shimmer.
Tarte tartelette Amazonian clay matte palette, ($46 from Sephora)
A lot of love for tarte lately, this
When it comes to skincare and body care, there are a lot of brands that I like, but there are four that I have been using religiously and loving for many years now, and I am talking about Clarins, Elemis, REN and Aromatherapy Associates.
It was hard to pick only one set from each but I’ve managed. Here are two sets for face and two for body.
Clarins Moisture Must-Haves, £35
- HydraQuench Cream Normal to dry skin 50 ml
- HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase 15 ml
- HydraQuench Cream-Mask 15 ml
- Makeup bag
HydraQuench range is my favourite from Clarins and I have tried a lot of their products, and it is the best time to stock up, and I always get one of their Christmas sets, great savings!
REN Instant Beauty Heroes, £50
REN is another brand that I love buying from during the holidays to save some money.
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50ml “A potent exfoliating mask formulated to renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 30ml “A gel-serum that instantly firms, lifts and plumps the skin to leave it looking dramatically smoother, tighter and more youthful. A liquid matrix of Hyaluronans supercharges the skin with firming moisture and encourages elastin synthesis to firm and remodel the skin over time.”
- Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 75ml “A transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin. Formulated with potent water-activated Vitamin C it will neutralise urban grey in a flash, leaving skin looking firm and glowing with renewed health and radiance.”
Considering that Aromatherapy Associates Soothing Cleansing Balm is one of the best cleansers I have ever used, it is surprising that I have not written about it earlier.
This cleanser has a lovely formula that works great for an evening facial massage, it is not greasy or tacky, just a nice balmy texture. The product doesn’t have a strong overpowering scent, it smells of camomile to me.
I personally take off my makeup with a micellar water first, and then use this lush cleanser, as I’d rather massage my skin with it, instead of taking off my mascara (which you can obviously do, if you want to).
It works great for
October is one of my favourite months and I am kind of sad that it is over already but it was a great one despite the fact that I was ill for over a week.
I’ve decided that before talking about my beauty favourites, I’d mention some other things I like/enjoy:
- I’ve finally went to my first swimming class after planning on going for months. Since I’ve got sick the next day I haven’t been back yet but I will be. Next week.
- Downton Abbey. That 1920’s style…And I refuse to accept that it’s the last season.
- Since I was ill for a week at home, I’ve got time to read and it was wonderful. I was mostly reading cultural and philosophical articles (yeah, I do love such topics) but here is my reading list.
- And finally – Pinterest. This has to be my favourite social media, I am always browsing/pinning/saving photos.
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
This is probably my favourite launch of the year. Seriously, I could not love these blushes more than I do, and I feel like I have been going on, and on about them. They have the creamiest and softest texture, blend beautifully and have that all-in-one effect. You don’t really need any highlighter or sculpting, just this. And
It’s time for monthly favourites! And this time I’ve decided to mention only those products that I have been really loving. Somehow I have re-discovered 17 Sheer Moisture Foundation which is now discontinued but which has been my base of choice lately, as it gives that beautiful light and glowing finish.
The other product which is not shown is Garnier HandRepair Intensive Restoring Hand Cream because I have used it all up. And, just like the body cream, this one is brilliant.Works wonders on my very dry hands and feet, it improved the condition [of my skin] dramatically, moisturized and nourished.
Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 738 Royal Plum (review and lip swatches)
I have an old version of the lipstick but I will have a few samples of the new Joli Rouge to review and compare them for you. This is an amazing product! The sheer formula can be built up, or worn as a barely-there stain. And this the most beautiful dark plum, looks gorgeous on the lips, have been wearing it non-stop.
The only other makeup product is the new Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Glide Concealer. And this, without a doubt, is now one of my favourite concealers ever. The texture is light but at the same time it transforms the under eye area by brightening and covering the dark circles. It doesn’t look or feel heavy and doesn’t set into the fine lines. I like the brand’s description “your skin but better”, and I agree.
REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
I can’t believe that I still