When it comes to skincare and body care, there are a lot of brands that I like, but there are four that I have been using religiously and loving for many years now, and I am talking about Clarins, Elemis, REN and Aromatherapy Associates.
It was hard to pick only one set from each but I’ve managed. Here are two sets for face and two for body.
Clarins Moisture Must-Haves, £35
- HydraQuench Cream Normal to dry skin 50 ml
- HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase 15 ml
- HydraQuench Cream-Mask 15 ml
- Makeup bag
HydraQuench range is my favourite from Clarins and I have tried a lot of their products, and it is the best time to stock up, and I always get one of their Christmas sets, great savings!
REN Instant Beauty Heroes, £50
REN is another brand that I love buying from during the holidays to save some money.
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50ml “A potent exfoliating mask formulated to renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 30ml “A gel-serum that instantly firms, lifts and plumps the skin to leave it looking dramatically smoother, tighter and more youthful. A liquid matrix of Hyaluronans supercharges the skin with firming moisture and encourages elastin synthesis to firm and remodel the skin over time.”
- Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 75ml “A transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin. Formulated with potent water-activated Vitamin C it will neutralise urban grey in a flash, leaving skin looking firm and glowing with renewed health and radiance.”
Considering that Aromatherapy Associates Soothing Cleansing Balm is one of the best cleansers I have ever used, it is surprising that I have not written about it earlier.
This cleanser has a lovely formula that works great for an evening facial massage, it is not greasy or tacky, just a nice balmy texture. The product doesn’t have a strong overpowering scent, it smells of camomile to me.
I personally take off my makeup with a micellar water first, and then use this lush cleanser, as I’d rather massage my skin with it, instead of taking off my mascara (which you can obviously do, if you want to).
It works great for
October is one of my favourite months and I am kind of sad that it is over already but it was a great one despite the fact that I was ill for over a week.
I’ve decided that before talking about my beauty favourites, I’d mention some other things I like/enjoy:
- I’ve finally went to my first swimming class after planning on going for months. Since I’ve got sick the next day I haven’t been back yet but I will be. Next week.
- Downton Abbey. That 1920’s style…And I refuse to accept that it’s the last season.
- Since I was ill for a week at home, I’ve got time to read and it was wonderful. I was mostly reading cultural and philosophical articles (yeah, I do love such topics) but here is my reading list.
- And finally – Pinterest. This has to be my favourite social media, I am always browsing/pinning/saving photos.
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
This is probably my favourite launch of the year. Seriously, I could not love these blushes more than I do, and I feel like I have been going on, and on about them. They have the creamiest and softest texture, blend beautifully and have that all-in-one effect. You don’t really need any highlighter or sculpting, just this. And
It’s time for monthly favourites! And this time I’ve decided to mention only those products that I have been really loving. Somehow I have re-discovered 17 Sheer Moisture Foundation which is now discontinued but which has been my base of choice lately, as it gives that beautiful light and glowing finish.
The other product which is not shown is Garnier HandRepair Intensive Restoring Hand Cream because I have used it all up. And, just like the body cream, this one is brilliant.Works wonders on my very dry hands and feet, it improved the condition [of my skin] dramatically, moisturized and nourished.
Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 738 Royal Plum (review and lip swatches)
I have an old version of the lipstick but I will have a few samples of the new Joli Rouge to review and compare them for you. This is an amazing product! The sheer formula can be built up, or worn as a barely-there stain. And this the most beautiful dark plum, looks gorgeous on the lips, have been wearing it non-stop.
The only other makeup product is the new Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Glide Concealer. And this, without a doubt, is now one of my favourite concealers ever. The texture is light but at the same time it transforms the under eye area by brightening and covering the dark circles. It doesn’t look or feel heavy and doesn’t set into the fine lines. I like the brand’s description “your skin but better”, and I agree.
REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
I can’t believe that I still
Can you believe that tomorrow is September already? Where did the time go? Yeah, I do realize that I say this almost every month. Actually, August was probably the best month for me this year so far so I am kind of sad that it’s over…
So, what beauty products I’ve been loving this month?
I have to start with shimmering body oils. I am sorry for going on, and on about them. But I am such a die hard fan that I am convinced that every girl needs one in her life. It is a
life game changer! A good oil moisturises the skin and you get that polished and glossy look the models rock in the magazines. I love Omorovicza and Clarins, but there are cheaper options out there, too.
One more products that I won’t shut up about is the Aromathepary Assosiates Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil (review). In fact, some of my friends associate this scent with me at this point. This is the best product for relaxing. If you don’t believe in aromatherapy – wait until you try this one. I know that it is not the cheapest one but it will last for ages.
I also have to mention Nivea Extended Moisture, Body Lotion, Dry to Very Dry Skin, as it is a brilliant body moisturizer. Unfortunately, I don’t have a bottle any more so couldn’t include it in the photo. But I do promise to write a review soon.
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (review). I’ve decided to go back to this simple cleanser in August, as