October is one of my favourite months and I am kind of sad that it is over already but it was a great one despite the fact that I was ill for over a week.
I’ve decided that before talking about my beauty favourites, I’d mention some other things I like/enjoy:
- I’ve finally went to my first swimming class after planning on going for months. Since I’ve got sick the next day I haven’t been back yet but I will be. Next week.
- Downton Abbey. That 1920’s style…And I refuse to accept that it’s the last season.
- Since I was ill for a week at home, I’ve got time to read and it was wonderful. I was mostly reading cultural and philosophical articles (yeah, I do love such topics) but here is my reading list.
- And finally – Pinterest. This has to be my favourite social media, I am always browsing/pinning/saving photos.
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
This is probably my favourite launch of the year. Seriously, I could not love these blushes more than I do, and I feel like I have been going on, and on about them. They have the creamiest and softest texture, blend beautifully and have that all-in-one effect. You don’t really need any highlighter or sculpting, just this. And
When I saw this year’s Christmas sets by Aromatherapy Associates, I just could not resist. They look so festive, the red packaging is gorgeous.
I originally wanted to get a little star with Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil but then I’ve decided to get Perfect Partners Bath & Shower Oils.
Here is what you get:
- Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil, 7.5ml – instil peace and tranquillity, a worry free mind and a restful night’s sleep
- Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil, 7.5ml – invigorate and energise body and mind with this detoxifying and balancing blend
After not very successful experiments with face oils I’ve decided that this kind of product is probably not for me, although I have very dry skin.
But I’ve decided to give the Aromatherapy Associates Revitalising Face Oil a try since I am a huge fan of the brand.I was hoping that it would not disappoint…
This particular product (they have several face oils) is created for sensitive, mature or dry skin. It contains rose, frankincense and borage. ‘Frankincense has been prized for centuries for achieving rejuvenated and firm looking skin, whilst rose is cherished for enhancing skin radiance, and borage for smoothing the skin’s appearance.’
Aromatherapy Associates Revitalising Face Oil turned to be
Considering that Aromatherapy Associates Soothing Cleansing Balm is one of the best cleansers I have ever used, it is surprising that I have not written about it earlier.
This cleanser has a lovely formula that works great for an evening facial massage, it is not greasy or tacky, just a nice balmy texture. The product doesn’t have a strong overpowering scent, it smells of camomile to me.
I personally take off my makeup with a micellar water first, and then use this lush cleanser, as I’d rather massage my skin with it, instead of taking off my mascara (which you can obviously do, if you want to).
It works great for
When it comes to skincare and body care, there are a lot of brands that I like, but there are four that I have been using religiously and loving for many years now, and I am talking about Clarins, Elemis, REN and Aromatherapy Associates.
It was hard to pick only one set from each but I’ve managed. Here are two sets for face and two for body.
Clarins Moisture Must-Haves, £35
- HydraQuench Cream Normal to dry skin 50 ml
- HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase 15 ml
- HydraQuench Cream-Mask 15 ml
- Makeup bag
HydraQuench range is my favourite from Clarins and I have tried a lot of their products, and it is the best time to stock up, and I always get one of their Christmas sets, great savings!
REN Instant Beauty Heroes, £50
REN is another brand that I love buying from during the holidays to save some money.
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50ml “A potent exfoliating mask formulated to renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 30ml “A gel-serum that instantly firms, lifts and plumps the skin to leave it looking dramatically smoother, tighter and more youthful. A liquid matrix of Hyaluronans supercharges the skin with firming moisture and encourages elastin synthesis to firm and remodel the skin over time.”
- Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 75ml “A transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin. Formulated with potent water-activated Vitamin C it will neutralise urban grey in a flash, leaving skin looking firm and glowing with renewed health and radiance.”