October is one of my favourite months and I am kind of sad that it is over already but it was a great one despite the fact that I was ill for over a week.
I’ve decided that before talking about my beauty favourites, I’d mention some other things I like/enjoy:
- I’ve finally went to my first swimming class after planning on going for months. Since I’ve got sick the next day I haven’t been back yet but I will be. Next week.
- Downton Abbey. That 1920’s style…And I refuse to accept that it’s the last season.
- Since I was ill for a week at home, I’ve got time to read and it was wonderful. I was mostly reading cultural and philosophical articles (yeah, I do love such topics) but here is my reading list.
- And finally – Pinterest. This has to be my favourite social media, I am always browsing/pinning/saving photos.
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
This is probably my favourite launch of the year. Seriously, I could not love these blushes more than I do, and I feel like I have been going on, and on about them. They have the creamiest and softest texture, blend beautifully and have that all-in-one effect. You don’t really need any highlighter or sculpting, just this. And
Considering that Aromatherapy Associates Soothing Cleansing Balm is one of the best cleansers I have ever used, it is surprising that I have not written about it earlier.
This cleanser has a lovely formula that works great for an evening facial massage, it is not greasy or tacky, just a nice balmy texture. The product doesn’t have a strong overpowering scent, it smells of camomile to me.
I personally take off my makeup with a micellar water first, and then use this lush cleanser, as I’d rather massage my skin with it, instead of taking off my mascara (which you can obviously do, if you want to).
It works great for
When it comes to skincare and body care, there are a lot of brands that I like, but there are four that I have been using religiously and loving for many years now, and I am talking about Clarins, Elemis, REN and Aromatherapy Associates.
It was hard to pick only one set from each but I’ve managed. Here are two sets for face and two for body.
Clarins Moisture Must-Haves, £35
- HydraQuench Cream Normal to dry skin 50 ml
- HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase 15 ml
- HydraQuench Cream-Mask 15 ml
- Makeup bag
HydraQuench range is my favourite from Clarins and I have tried a lot of their products, and it is the best time to stock up, and I always get one of their Christmas sets, great savings!
REN Instant Beauty Heroes, £50
REN is another brand that I love buying from during the holidays to save some money.
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50ml “A potent exfoliating mask formulated to renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 30ml “A gel-serum that instantly firms, lifts and plumps the skin to leave it looking dramatically smoother, tighter and more youthful. A liquid matrix of Hyaluronans supercharges the skin with firming moisture and encourages elastin synthesis to firm and remodel the skin over time.”
- Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 75ml “A transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin. Formulated with potent water-activated Vitamin C it will neutralise urban grey in a flash, leaving skin looking firm and glowing with renewed health and radiance.”
I am sorry that I am writing about my September favourites only now but it is better later than never, right?
I love writing these, as it it always great to see what you’ve been loving, beauty wise.
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette (review and swatches)
I have rediscovered this little gem. The colour is spot on for me, and I like the shape of it which allows a very quick but still a precise application.
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride (review and faceswatches)
Love Autumn makeup, all the berry and wine shades, and this was the blush of the month, not only I’ve used it on my friend’s wedding day but I have been also using it on myself pretty much every day. It gives that beautiful flush with a hint of subtle golden shimmer.
Tarte tartelette Amazonian clay matte palette, ($46 from Sephora)
A lot of love for tarte lately, this
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are