Here is a selection of new launched glosses for SS17, glowing healthy looking skin looks great with a dewy lip. So, here are three products that caught my attention:
BECCA Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss, $22 from Sephora
“A gloss with kaleidoscopic pearls that create an otherworldly, liquid crystal, glowing lip look”.
The shades are: Champagne Dream x Bellini – Soft peach with a rose gold shift, Opal x Jade – Golden opal pearl with a teal sapphire shift, Rose Quartz x Seashell – Rose with a hot pink shift, Topaz x Gilt – Golden bronze with a soft emerald shift, Amethyst x Geode – Lavender duo-chrome with an aquamarine shift (shown) and Pearl x Gold – Creamy pearl with a golden shift
CLINIQUE Chubby Plump & Shine Liquid Lip Plumping Gloss, $17 from Sephora
“A liquid lip-plumping, moisture-rich gloss for
Let’s take a look at the new releases by Hourglass and BECCA, both brand launched new blushes and bronzers for SS17. By the way, you can read my interviews with (former) Creative Directors of both brands here.
Hourglass added four new blush shades ($38) and two new bronzers shades:
- BRILLIANT NUDE – a deep amber blush blended with Brilliant Strobe Light for a lustrous glow.
- EUPHORIC FUSION – a soft lilac blush blended with Euphoric Strobe Light for a resplendent glow.
- IRIDESCENT FLASH – a vivid magenta blush blended with Iridescent Strobe Light for an illuminating glow.
- INCANDESCENT ELECTRA – a cool peach blush blended with Icandescent Strobe Light for a celestial glow.
The bronzers ($50) are:
Don’t we all want to glow for Spring? Luckily the brands got us covered with their newest releases. There are new highlighter palettes and individual shades.
Laura Mercier Lightstruck Prismatic Glow Palette $52 from Sephora
I remember how I was dying to get LM Bonne Mine palette ages ago, and this one has a similar concept but the packaging is so much more prettier, those pastels! The Prismatic palette contains lightweight, sheer, and blendable cream highlighters that give you the desired glow.
Here are some tips:
- For a discrete warm glow base, apply Aurora all over the face, cheeks, and eyes.
- For a refined glow, layer Reflect or Prism to add a chic sheen to your skin.
- For a special-effect glow, layer Beam or Ray to impart an iridescent reflection or wet-like dewiness.
NARS Banc De Sable Highlighter Palette $49 from Sephora
This palette features three highlighters (0.11 oz/ 3.4 g):
- Rivage (glistening pearl)
- Salé (shimmering peach champagne)
- Embruns (metallic rose gold)
BECCA, a brand well-known for their base products launched a new primer, and
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, $46 from Barneys
“A revolutionary foundation stick with the coverage of a concealer, the fluidity of a liquid, and the weightlessness of a powder in a long-wearing waterproof formula for undetectable full coverage. The unprecedented concentration of pigment in this foundation provides maximum coverage with minimum product, concealing all discoloration and imperfections for virtually perfect skin with a seamless finish.”
Comes in 26 shades.
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight, $28 from Sephora
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Champagne Pop – soft white gold with pinky peach undertones
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Topaz – golden bronze pearl
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Pearl – soft luminescent white
Champagne Collection Angled
Here is a weekly edition of the newest makeup products for face, eyes and lips that caught my attention:
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush ($34 from Sephora)
The shade shown is Dahlia (cabernet). Other shades are: Blushed Copper – copper, Camellia – ballerina pink, Foxglove – orchid.
These blushes basically give you that glow and multi-dimensional, versatile blushes to create a subtle, shimmering flush. Apparently these blushes are inspired by Shimmering Skin Perfector and give the right balance of colour and light.
Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick ( $21 from Sephora). There are