Summer is the time when we all are enjoying our vacations or just the weekends near the pool or by the ocean. While some women are more than happy to be bare-faced, some still want to enhance their look with the help of the makeup.
But what beauty products are the best for the water and sun involved activities?
Full on foundation-concealer-powder face is never a good idea on the beach. Instead always apply a sun-protective cream of your choice. Avene Very High Protection Emulsion Very Water Resistant 50+ SPF is a good one.
As we know, eye brows frame the face, so never underestimate their importance. To make yours look groomed and polished try using Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Brow, the formula is long-lasting and water resistant, so it will stay on for hours without smudging.
According to various surveys, mascara is the most popular makeup item, so a lot of women don’t want to be without it even on the beach. But what if your favorite mascara is not available in a waterproof version? Anastasia
Here is a weekly edition of the newest makeup products for face, eyes and lips that caught my attention:
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush ($34 from Sephora)
The shade shown is Dahlia (cabernet). Other shades are: Blushed Copper – copper, Camellia – ballerina pink, Foxglove – orchid.
These blushes basically give you that glow and multi-dimensional, versatile blushes to create a subtle, shimmering flush. Apparently these blushes are inspired by Shimmering Skin Perfector and give the right balance of colour and light.
Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick ( $21 from Sephora). There are
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, $46 from Barneys
“A revolutionary foundation stick with the coverage of a concealer, the fluidity of a liquid, and the weightlessness of a powder in a long-wearing waterproof formula for undetectable full coverage. The unprecedented concentration of pigment in this foundation provides maximum coverage with minimum product, concealing all discoloration and imperfections for virtually perfect skin with a seamless finish.”
Comes in 26 shades.
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight, $28 from Sephora
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Champagne Pop – soft white gold with pinky peach undertones
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Topaz – golden bronze pearl
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight – Pearl – soft luminescent white
Champagne Collection Angled
Don’t we all want to glow for Spring? Luckily the brands got us covered with their newest releases. There are new highlighter palettes and individual shades.
Laura Mercier Lightstruck Prismatic Glow Palette $52 from Sephora
I remember how I was dying to get LM Bonne Mine palette ages ago, and this one has a similar concept but the packaging is so much more prettier, those pastels! The Prismatic palette contains lightweight, sheer, and blendable cream highlighters that give you the desired glow.
Here are some tips:
- For a discrete warm glow base, apply Aurora all over the face, cheeks, and eyes.
- For a refined glow, layer Reflect or Prism to add a chic sheen to your skin.
- For a special-effect glow, layer Beam or Ray to impart an iridescent reflection or wet-like dewiness.
NARS Banc De Sable Highlighter Palette $49 from Sephora
This palette features three highlighters (0.11 oz/ 3.4 g):
- Rivage (glistening pearl)
- Salé (shimmering peach champagne)
- Embruns (metallic rose gold)
BECCA, a brand well-known for their base products launched a new primer, and
Let’s take a look at the new releases by Hourglass and BECCA, both brand launched new blushes and bronzers for SS17. By the way, you can read my interviews with (former) Creative Directors of both brands here.
Hourglass added four new blush shades ($38) and two new bronzers shades:
- BRILLIANT NUDE – a deep amber blush blended with Brilliant Strobe Light for a lustrous glow.
- EUPHORIC FUSION – a soft lilac blush blended with Euphoric Strobe Light for a resplendent glow.
- IRIDESCENT FLASH – a vivid magenta blush blended with Iridescent Strobe Light for an illuminating glow.
- INCANDESCENT ELECTRA – a cool peach blush blended with Icandescent Strobe Light for a celestial glow.
The bronzers ($50) are: