It’s almost the end of the year so I just want to share my favourite makeup products for face of 2010! I am not going to name a favourite product in each category but will just name the products that I really loved this year. This is obviously my personal opinion and I would really love to hear about your favourite products!
Illamasqua Satin Primer
This works amazing if you have dry skin. I just mix a tiny bit of this primer with foundation and it gives a beautiful dewy finish. It doesn’t look greasy but I would use it only on the dry skin. Read review here.
Make Up For Ever HD Powder
It works like a “real life” Photoshop, it blurs all the imperfections. Now don’t get me wrong it won’t make your skin look perfect if you have a lot of problems but it does change the way your makeup looks a lot. It is also an amazing products for taking photos. Read review here.
Too Faced Bronzers
These are great for brightening up the face, I use them to give the face the warm glow. Too Faced brozners are shimmery but not over the top, they give just a perfect shade. My favourite are Pink Leopard and Sun Bunny. Read review here.
Hoola by Benefit
This was my favourite bronzer for contouring this year, I’ve used it a lot on myself and on others. It has a matte finish which looks nice on a lot of skin tones. Read review here.
This was the most difficult task to choose my favourite blushes because there are
I love seeing what people take with them on a holiday so here is a post about what I had with me.
But first of all, here is a ‘holiday postcard’ 🙂 I am wearing Illamasqua’s Nomad. Not sure about my friend as she forgot the name of the polish.
I did not want to take tones of products with me
as I often do so I have chosen the them very carefully.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios XL which I used a face sun screen
- La Roche Posay Posthelios Hydrating After-Sun Melt-In Gel. This is a genius product and I will definitely write a detailed review about it later.
- I also had a Garnier Ambre Solair body sunscreen which I forgot to include, as well as a deodorant and face cream.
Body Products (all are travel sized):
- Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub. This is a very gentle finely milled scrub. Will write about it later.
- Apivita Bergamot and Green Tea Shower Gel. The scent is nice and refreshing and it leaves the skin clean and ready for a moisturizer.
- Cowshed Grumpy Cow Uplifting Body Lotion. The scent is definitely uplifting and invigorating. This lotion is moisturizing but not sticky. I definitely want to try other Cowshed lotions now.
I took Apivita Proploine Shampoo and Nourishing and Repairing Mask for Dry-Dehydrated Hair with me. Shampoo is in the Mane ‘N Tail bottle as I did not want to take a whole 250 ml bottle. Both products worked brilliant on my hair after the sun and sea. You can read my review here.
- I had only only perfume with me and it was Jo Malone’s Blackberry and Bay cologne. Read about it here.
- I also had Elemis’ Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment which I also plan to write about later.
As for the makeup,
I am currently away for two weeks, finally not for work, I can spend time with my family & friends and relax. I did not want to take a lot of makeup with me (mostly because I have too many other things), and since a lot of you are always asking what products I take with me (and I love similar posts myself), I thought I’d show you.
So here are very few products that I’ve packed for my personal use:
I don’t like taking full bottles of perfumes, so I have
End of September – end of November are very busy months for me in terms of Birthdays of very special people!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to find out what the person wants to get. Sometimes I’d find out with the help of other people but sometimes I would just ask.
I’ve noticed that very often my girlfriends ask for a mascara makeup-wise. In fact, I had two mascaras requests last week.
I though that may be useful information as the holidays are approaching. And since almost every woman wears mascara, you can’t really go wrong.
Here is just a photo of some random mascaras that I’ve found in my personal makeup stash.
Ellis Faas mascara, Hourglass Film Noir mascara, DiorShow Ultimate mascara, Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet mascara, Benefit BADGal mascara, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Lancome Hypnose mascara, Daniel Sandler Baby Jet mascara, BECCA The Ultimate mascara.
Benefit Cosmetics never fail, when it comes to Christmas sets. They always have such an excellent gift selection (among the best, in my opinion) for the loved ones or for yourself. I have to admit, I have bought quite a few sets for myself over the years, as it is a great way to get familiar with the brand and save money.
So here is what they released this year! And there are a lot of kits to choose from.
1. It’s a Love Fest £39.50/€55
- They’re Real, Sun Beam medium, the POREfessional, Ultra Plush Lip Gloss mini in CORALista
2 Gimme Some Lovin’ £39.50/€55
- They’re Real, Hoola, High Beam mini, the POREfessional mini
3. Show Me The Love £39.50/€49
They’re Real, Benetint, the POREfessional mini
4. Love Me B. Right! £39.50/€55
- the POREfessional, It’s Potent Eye Cream, Total Moisture facial Cream mini, Triple