For someone who is not exactly into “nude” nail polishes, I have quite a few. I have chosen seven which could fit the nude/taupe/brown-ish category.
So what shades do I have? And which is my favourite?
Dior Vernis in Grege
I love the wide and thin brush which makes the application super easy and fast. It is a beautiful warm shade which suits me when I get some tan. But if you have a light-to-medium warm skin tone – this may be a perfect nude for you. See it applied on the nails.
MeMeMe Long Lasting Gloss in Alluring
This is one of the darkest nail polishes from the selection, and should be a nice nude for people with darker skin. Or if you want a brown nail polish against the light skin. The quality is nice for the price, too. Swatches.
Yves Rocher Nail Polish in Taupe
This is definitely not a nude, but a taupe. Such shade was super popular several years ago and I can totally see why: it goes well with pretty much everything and doesn’t compete with your outfit or accessories. Manicure with it.
MeMeMe Long Lasting Gloss in Ambitious
It looks like that
So the question of the week was ” What are your favourite nail polish shades?!”.
Thank you everyone for taking a part! I really love when you share with us all!
This is how my little brother painted the nails of his girl for the first time in his life.
You can see some black lines near the pastel and light shades because originally he used the black nail polish but then removed it (not completely as you can see).
If you are interested in the colours he used: butter LONDON Yummy Mummy, Illamasqua Viridian, Sally Hansen Blue It, Maybelline Wonder Violet, Essence Undead?, Illamasqua Alarm, Inglot #949 ,Barry M Berry Ice Cream not sure about this one, Maybelline Coconut Crystals.
- Deep purple
- OPI Over the taupe, Butter london Scoundrel, Chanel Particuliere, Rococo Psychedelic, Underground and Trash,Revlon Red hot tamale
- Loving greys. especially rimmels Grey Matter. and glitter. glitter is everywhere in makeup right now espcially nail polish
- I love shades of
butter LONDON has a lot to offer this Christmas! First of all, the five new nail varnish shades £12/$14.
- Fairy Cake, a silvery, multi-colour glitter. The perfect mix of whimsy and chic.
- Scuppered, a glittery copper with larger flecks of green.
- Jack The Lad, an opaque, moss green shimmer with gold, turquoise, and green micro glitter.
- Scallywag, a bright turquoise glitter.
- Fiddlesticks, a fine, fuchsia glitter suspended in raspberry base
There are also six new Lippys, six new sets(£21/$25) actually:
- Frilly Knickers: A pair of ruffle-adorned ladies underpants. Bottled in a sheer, iridescent shimmer shade
- West End Wonderland: London’s answer to New York City’s Broadway. Bottled in a sheer, gold shimmer shade
- Rosie Lee, a parade of pale pink glitter, a nail lacquer that
I wanted to try Butter London for a long time already. This is what is written about the product:
“Butter London brings us non-toxic nail treatments and lacquers in an array of delicious shades. The hero product is the 3 Free line, which waves goodbye to typical (but nasty) ingredients such as formaldehyde, toluene and DBP. We love their on-trend shades and entertaining names!”
I read some reviews including these at London Makeup Girl. So now I was sure that I want to try it. But what shade? It was very hard to decide because they all looked amazing to me plus the names are great. At first I wanted to get Artful Dodger but I just decided to wait for Chanel’s Nouvelle Vague .
So Yummy Mummy looked liked a perfect shade to me. I’ve spotted some other shades that were calling my name but I when I try something for the first time I get only one product.
What were my thoughts now when I got it? First of all it’s the best nail polish design that I ever saw. I also love the name “butter London”. And in my opinion these are also important factors because now you can choose from so many brands that you should like as many factors about the product as possible.
What about the nail polish itself? I really liked the brush which is kind of small and thin. For some of you this is not the best thing to hear. But I love brushes like this because it helps you to apply the product neat and tidy. Often I do my manicure myself so this is very important for me. You get an opaque cover after you use it only once and it is one of the most important factors. But if you want to get the more intense colour – go for 2 layers.
How long it stays on nails? In my case the products started to chip on 3rd day (without top coat) but it still looked ok. But on the 4th day I had to remove it. Also I have to mention that butter London doesn’t stink like some polishes.
In general I am
I have to admit that I am absolutely in love with this new Autumn nail polish collection from butter LONDON, the colours look fantastic and so unique!
The shades are:
Trustafarian, Dodgy Barnett, Lovely Jubbly, Shag and Gobsmacked. The price is £12/$14
I am also happy to see that after the successful launch of the Lippy collection, bL is bringing out more shades for AW and , honestly, all five shades are to die for.
And they are:
- Tea with the Queen: On the pink side of tan, very neutral, but never boring. Understated and exceptional for work, or obviously, tea with the Queen.
- Toff: A darker, dustier, brownish variation on a rose pink. Stop to smell them. The roses, not the toffs.
- Come to Bed Red: The sexiest red in