For someone who is not exactly into “nude” nail polishes, I have quite a few. I have chosen seven which could fit the nude/taupe/brown-ish category.
So what shades do I have? And which is my favourite?
Dior Vernis in Grege
I love the wide and thin brush which makes the application super easy and fast. It is a beautiful warm shade which suits me when I get some tan. But if you have a light-to-medium warm skin tone – this may be a perfect nude for you. See it applied on the nails.
MeMeMe Long Lasting Gloss in Alluring
This is one of the darkest nail polishes from the selection, and should be a nice nude for people with darker skin. Or if you want a brown nail polish against the light skin. The quality is nice for the price, too. Swatches.
Yves Rocher Nail Polish in Taupe
This is definitely not a nude, but a taupe. Such shade was super popular several years ago and I can totally see why: it goes well with pretty much everything and doesn’t compete with your outfit or accessories. Manicure with it.
MeMeMe Long Lasting Gloss in Ambitious
It looks like that
Here is a preview of butter LONDON’s summer 2013 nail polish collection which includes six shades: one creme, four metallics and one glitter.
Bit Faker, a full coverage bronze glitter that was inspired by the tan from a can.
Bobby Dazzler, look fit and rock your fancy in this opaque silver chrome.
Champers, rose gold shimmer, Brit slang for
I have already posted about some new seasonal nail polish collections, see the preview of OPI’s Spring 2013 nail polish collection and Deborah Lippmann, Essie, Illamasqua and Nails Inc and now it’s time to see more!
And, can you guess what dominates Spring 2013 nail polish collections? Pastel candy shades, shocker, right? 😉
But take a look yourself!
butter LONDON Sweetie Shop
- Cuppa, toasted opaque tan crème
- Fever, opaque icy mint crème
- Fruit Machine, opaque punchy carnation crème
- Jasper, opaque bright pastel yellow crème
- Kerfuffle, opaque pink coral crème
- Molly Coddled, opaque lavender orchid crème
- Piaf (ZP652) – Fresh Forsythia Yellow Metallic (Originally designed for Fashion Designer Zang Toi)
- GeiGei (ZP651) – Blushing Cherry Blossom Pink Metallic (Originally designed for
Today I want to show you one of the prettiest lip products that I have – butter LONDON La Moss Lippy.
I have actually included it into my top 10 berry lipsticks for Autumn/Winter.
Here is how it looks like in the tube, vampy wine gloss.
I am absolutely in love with the colour, it is just perfect! But it took me some time for figure out if I liked the formula or not really. Since I have only one shade, it’s hard to say if all Lippys are like that or this only shade.
First of all, you lips must be in a perfect condition, otherwise, this shade will only make things look worse. Secondly, after experimenting, I’ve realized that it may be a good idea to use it over a lip primer (yeah, these days you can get pretty much everything; I do have one) or just a thin layer of foundation, or Touche Eclat, as I do.
It helps the gloss to go one more evenly without getting patchy.
With this shade it is very important that you don’t use it on-the-go and do spend some time, until it looks
butter LONDON has a lot to offer this Christmas! First of all, the five new nail varnish shades £12/$14.
- Fairy Cake, a silvery, multi-colour glitter. The perfect mix of whimsy and chic.
- Scuppered, a glittery copper with larger flecks of green.
- Jack The Lad, an opaque, moss green shimmer with gold, turquoise, and green micro glitter.
- Scallywag, a bright turquoise glitter.
- Fiddlesticks, a fine, fuchsia glitter suspended in raspberry base
There are also six new Lippys, six new sets(£21/$25) actually:
- Frilly Knickers: A pair of ruffle-adorned ladies underpants. Bottled in a sheer, iridescent shimmer shade
- West End Wonderland: London’s answer to New York City’s Broadway. Bottled in a sheer, gold shimmer shade
- Rosie Lee, a parade of pale pink glitter, a nail lacquer that