Here are some of the new products which caught my attention this week, and I have chosen makeup, skincare and fragrance.
Lightweight 2-in-1 lip and cheek blush, you can create both sheer or intense effect with a matte finish. This is a LE product and the shades are: 414 Tender Rose, 410 Corail Naturel, 412 Orange Explosif, 416 Teasing Pink, 418 Rouge Captivant, 410 Burning Berry
I am loving what Lucia Pica is doing with Chanel’s makeup, so many great new products.
Jo Malone launched a collection called English Fields, and the scents are:
Primrose & Rye Cologne: “Rolling fields dotted with primroses. Swaying softly on a spring breeze. Warmed by golden corn. Brightened with mimosa. On an addictive base of rye and vanilla. Filled with sunshine. Vivid. Glowing. Addictive.”
Poppy & Barley Cologne: “Rich red poppies dancing in the wind. Violet flowers, alive
Here is a preview of the Chanel’s makeup collection for Spring 2018 which was inspired by Lucia Pica’s hometown, Naples. And it is such a beautiful, colourful and uplifting collection for SS, think yellow, pink and teal.
OLES 9 OMBRES Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette ($70)
The star of the collection. This palette was inspired by the frescoes of Pompeii and is a combination of bold colours and neutral tones, with matte to satin powder finishes. The mattes are: peachy-pink, mink brown, and faded grey-green; satin-finish shades: turquoise blue-green, bright green, luminous peachy-beige, gold, dark rusty red-brown, and bronze grey-blue.
The other brand new products are the POUDRE À LÈVRES Lip Balm And Powder Duo ($37). A colourful matte powder that can be worn alone or mixed with the moisturizing balm for a blurred, artistic effect on both cheeks and lips.
410 ROSSO POMPEIANO, 415 ROSSO PARTHENOPE and 418 ROSA TEMPERA
JOUES CONTRASTE ($45) in
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
Remember the glorious debut red collection Lucia Pica created for Chanel? Well, she is back with some red beauty!
This time we are spoiled with the special editions of the lipsticks, yes, in red!
Rouge Allure in 1 (red red) and 4 ( brown red) and Rouge Allure Velvet in 2 ( raspberry red) and 3 ( orange red). All are LE.
Other lip products are: 2 Rouge Coco Glosses in 782 True and 784 Romance; 2 Rouge Allure Inks in 150 Luxuriant and 154 Experimente.
Le Vernis in 580 Celebrity, 582 Fiction, 604 Scenario and 528 Rouge Puissant.
Joues Contraste blush in