So let’s take a look at cheek palettes, and there are quite a few, these are just the ones I’ve chosen.
Without a doubt, the most covetable palette of the SS19 season will be this lill gem from Chanel – Voyage de Chanel (£52 from the website) which is a blush/illuminating powders quad.
- Paris – A fresh and satiny pink blush that recreates the flush of brisk air of Paris along the banks of the Seine River.
- London – A deep coral blush, inspired by the colourful façades of the Portobello Market in Notting Hill.
- New York – A satiny powder that brings to mind the metallic golden finish of the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Tokyo – A subtly rosy illuminating powder that recalls the poetic grace of cherry blossoms in Japan.
Besides Chanel, there are a few other gorgeous palettes to choose from:
Highlighters in sticks is nothing new, and a lot of brands have those but I have noticed that it is a micro trend for Spring. And it is a great format, quite frankly, and I can totally see why more brands are bringing one out!
Easy to use on the go, beautiful creamy texture, instant pick-me-up, glow giver. What is not to love?
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
There are always new foundations out for Spring, and SS19 is not an exception, there are at least 10 new launches I can think of, on top of my head. So I’ve decided to choose a few different ones just to give you an idea of what is coming out. All foundations are available in many different colours, except Chanel.
I haven’t tried any of these so I am providing the official descriptions.
Guerlain L’ESSENTIEL NATURAL GLOW FOUNDATION 16H WEAR
“Naturalness & make-up performance come together for the first time at Guerlain. A foundation made with 97% naturally-derived ingredients with a natural glow finish that lasts for 16 hours. The complexion is perfect, luminous and fresh. The comfortable texture becomes one with the skin, making it ideal for buildable coverage (light to medium)”
Not sure what I think of the quirky bottle but it definitely stands out, and the foundation sounds like something I personally would love.
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation (£56/$51)
“Weightless, instant full coverage is delivered through the formula’s innovative coated pigments – allowing for seamless application and long-wearing,second-skin adherence. A natural finish is delivered through light-refracting microspheres, blurring and
Besides the pretty pastel and girly balm-like lipsticks which are always out for Spring, I have notice one more trend, and that is lacquers. I have chosen 5 different brands just to give you a taste of what is new, lip wise, for SS19.
I am a huge fan of Clarins lip products so would expect Rouge Lacquer to be incredible. The brand promise wet like vinyl finish, hydration and nourishment and easy application, among other things. There are 7 shades to choose from. Shown above is 744 Plum.
Full coverage, highly pigmented, soft matte formula which should be comfortable and long-lasting on the lips. If you want to treat yourself – this is the way to go. There are 10 shades to choose from; shown is