It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
Besides the lipsticks, the other makeup product almost every brand is bringing out for SS16 is foundation. And while cushions and foundations with the dropper (BECCA, Stila, Kiko Armani, Rouge Bunny Rouge etc) are having a real moment this season, “classic” foundations are still going strong.
And here are three that caught my attention with the official description:
Chanel LES BEIGESHealthy Glow Foundation (£36 from Selfridges)
“An invisible foundation that creates a natural healthy glow by giving skin the radiance of a day spent outdoors, while protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. The perfection of a natural glow. With a range of subtle, easy-to-wear beiges, CHANEL’s Healthy Glow Foundation frees women from their fears of using foundation and gives every skin tone a lasting healthy glow. The soft and comfortable texture glides over the skin and melts away. The texture becomes imperceptible and allows the skin to breathe freely, while protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. The complexion is evened-out and enhanced with a sheer finish.”
“Everlasting 16-hour perfection from morning to
I really love reading (or watching) about people’s top favourite beauty products, as this is a great way to discover new gems. I have posted 15 favourite makeup products of 2015 so now it is time to post about my most loved makeup products in 2016.
Unfortunately, four products (Dior lipstick , Illamasqua nail varnish, Clarins bronzer and eye shadows) that I absolutely adored and used non-stop this year are no longer available so I will have to mention only those items that you can still get.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Serene Light Skin Perfector
This was pretty much the only base product I have been using ever since I received it several months ago. I still haven’t written a proper feature as I really wanted to give it a good test before that. The product definitely stands up to the “Skin Perfector” name, as it makes the complexion glow without looking too shiny or oily. I also rarely use anything on top since it is a bit tinted. Not that I have a perfect skin but this is enough for me, I only use concealer where needed.
Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer (review and swatches)
This product does not need an introduction. I’ve completely used it up, hence I had to use a different Clarins product for the reference purpose. It is like a dry skin’s best friend, this tinted moisturizer never makes your skin look flaky and never accentuates the dry patches. Instead, the skin looks somehow “healthy” and radiant. Love!
Rouge Bunny Rouge Glide Concealer NAKED DISGUISE (review and swatches)
Regular readers will probably know that I barely ever use concealer because I don’t really mind a bit of dark-ish circles, as horrible as it sounds. But I personally hate the perfectly concealed under-eye area on myself. I also almost never get spots, so no need for the concealer in any other places. However, I do really like this product, as it makes the under eye area look better but without making you look like a mannequin.
Inglot Sculpting HD Powder in 504 (review)
As you can see from the photo above, this product is very well loved. Perfect shade for light cool-toned complexions, and the formula is incredibly soft and easy to blend, too.
Daniel Sandler Rose Glow and Golden Glow Watercolour Blushes (review and swatches).
I have spoken about my love for the Daniel Sandler blushers numerous times but, I think, this year he really killed it. The two newest shades are to die for, and although I haven’t been wearing blush that much in 2016, I’ve been reaching for these most of the times I have. Watercolours give you the “blushing from within” kind of effect, a must try. If you are a bit scared of the liquid, which you shouldn’t be, Daniel also has cream blushes now.
Highlighters in sticks is nothing new, and a lot of brands have those but I have noticed that it is a micro trend for Spring. And it is a great format, quite frankly, and I can totally see why more brands are bringing one out!
Easy to use on the go, beautiful creamy texture, instant pick-me-up, glow giver. What is not to love?
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that