Remember the glorious debut red collection Lucia Pica created for Chanel? Well, she is back with some red beauty!
This time we are spoiled with the special editions of the lipsticks, yes, in red!
Rouge Allure in 1 (red red) and 4 ( brown red) and Rouge Allure Velvet in 2 ( raspberry red) and 3 ( orange red). All are LE.
Other lip products are: 2 Rouge Coco Glosses in 782 True and 784 Romance; 2 Rouge Allure Inks in 150 Luxuriant and 154 Experimente.
Le Vernis in 580 Celebrity, 582 Fiction, 604 Scenario and 528 Rouge Puissant.
Joues Contraste blush in
Sometimes it feels really weird that I love makeup. My Mum couldn’t care less about it, and I did not really read glossy magazines or watch beauty shows on TV growing up. (I did do it all but it was when I already knew that I love all things beauty).
My Mum did have quite a few lipsticks and a mascara but she was not obsessed with all those things and wore makeup only for special occasions. She did like perfume though, as long as I remember.
So I’ve decided to ask her what makeup products she truly loves. And since I’ve mentioned perfume – her most used one these days.
Before I start I have to mention that she does use foundation and mascara occasionally but she doesn’t really have a favourite and would just use whichever [I give her]. However, the products shown above she loves and uses on a regular basis.
As you can already guess, Mum’s favourite makeup product is a lipstick. She has a fair complexion with dark eyes and very dark hair so bright reds and berries look amazing on her.
Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in 06 Luscious Cherry (review and swatches). This is her
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
Besides the lipsticks, the other makeup product almost every brand is bringing out for SS16 is foundation. And while cushions and foundations with the dropper (BECCA, Stila, Kiko Armani, Rouge Bunny Rouge etc) are having a real moment this season, “classic” foundations are still going strong.
And here are three that caught my attention with the official description:
Chanel LES BEIGESHealthy Glow Foundation (£36 from Selfridges)
“An invisible foundation that creates a natural healthy glow by giving skin the radiance of a day spent outdoors, while protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. The perfection of a natural glow. With a range of subtle, easy-to-wear beiges, CHANEL’s Healthy Glow Foundation frees women from their fears of using foundation and gives every skin tone a lasting healthy glow. The soft and comfortable texture glides over the skin and melts away. The texture becomes imperceptible and allows the skin to breathe freely, while protecting it from harsh environmental conditions. The complexion is evened-out and enhanced with a sheer finish.”
“Everlasting 16-hour perfection from morning to