It is better late than never, right? So here is finally a feature on my favourite beauty products of 2017.
Here is actually a look back on my 2015 favourites and 2016 Makeup Favourites. I am still obsessed with those products, by the way. And a link to my 2017 monthly beauty favourites. While in 2015 and 2016 I wrote about makeup only, this time it will be about beauty in general. I have chosen 17 products. Some of the products I loved the most were LE ( Clarins shadows, bronzers for e.g) so here are only those that are still available.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector
This is probably the product of 2017, and it was also in my 2016 favourites. I have been promising to write a detailed feature about it for a while now, and I will definitely do it in the near future. Basically this base gives you the most incredible glow, you get that polished and well-rested effect, dry skin’s best friend. It does not give that much coverage, as it is a primer, but I wear it without any foundation on top. Stay tuned for the photos.
I’ve hit the pan on this product, and will use it all up. I love how it is called bronzer/blush, and it is exactly that, it has a nice balance of warmth and reddish undertones. Perfect for adding colour and definition to your face. I love the texture, the formula an the pigmentation. The staying power is also impressive. See the swatch in the middle.
I am very picky when it come to eye liners, it has to be a very specific tip and formula for me to like it. And this Clarins one is absolutely incredible. The best purchase. The tip is
This Spring Clarins are bringing out new shades of the eye shadows and the cult lip balms. But there is also a new item – a SOS Base. And knowing how well Clarins do a hybrid of makeup and skincare I have high expectations.
4-Colour Eye Palette (£34/$43) in 07 Lovely Pink
I am a huge fan of these palettes, and even included Oud in my yearly favouites. Here is my review. Now I actually have one more shade – 02 Rosewood.
Instant Light Natural Lip Balm Perfector, £18.50/ (my review of the other shades)
in 08 plum and 07 hot pink
SOS Primer £26.50/$39
Boosts radiance, brightens the face. The shades are: 00 universal light, 01 rose, 02 peach, 03 coral, 04 green and 05 lavender and each shade is targeted to solve a particular issue.
“White, the sum of
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
The other day I was going through my drafts for Makeup4all, and I was shocked that some of them are from 2009…And the one that caught my attention was this round-up of Clarins cleansers (you can read more details by clicking the “review” links).
Back in 2014 I have posted part I of toners suitable for my skin type (dry and sensitive), and promised to share about the cleansers. So it is better late than never, right?
Here we go:
Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (review)
This is probably my favourite cleanser from Clarins, it smalls amazing, works great for massaging the face and turns into milk after you mix it with water.
Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel (review)