I love seeing what people take with them on a holiday so here is a post about what I had with me.
But first of all, here is a ‘holiday postcard’ 🙂 I am wearing Illamasqua’s Nomad. Not sure about my friend as she forgot the name of the polish.
I did not want to take tones of products with me
as I often do so I have chosen the them very carefully.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios XL which I used a face sun screen
- La Roche Posay Posthelios Hydrating After-Sun Melt-In Gel. This is a genius product and I will definitely write a detailed review about it later.
- I also had a Garnier Ambre Solair body sunscreen which I forgot to include, as well as a deodorant and face cream.
Body Products (all are travel sized):
- Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub. This is a very gentle finely milled scrub. Will write about it later.
- Apivita Bergamot and Green Tea Shower Gel. The scent is nice and refreshing and it leaves the skin clean and ready for a moisturizer.
- Cowshed Grumpy Cow Uplifting Body Lotion. The scent is definitely uplifting and invigorating. This lotion is moisturizing but not sticky. I definitely want to try other Cowshed lotions now.
I took Apivita Proploine Shampoo and Nourishing and Repairing Mask for Dry-Dehydrated Hair with me. Shampoo is in the Mane ‘N Tail bottle as I did not want to take a whole 250 ml bottle. Both products worked brilliant on my hair after the sun and sea. You can read my review here.
- I had only only perfume with me and it was Jo Malone’s Blackberry and Bay cologne. Read about it here.
- I also had Elemis’ Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment which I also plan to write about later.
As for the makeup,
Clarins Summer 2012 is inspired by India, traditional patterns and colours.
The products from the collection are:
Colour Quartet & Liner Palette, (LE) £30
Four satin smooth mineral eye shades, champagne beige, bronze, gold and violet with a golden brown eyeliner.
Colour Quench Lip Balm, (LE) £15
- Jaipur, shimmering pink
- Delhi, shimmering nude
Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm, (LE) £16.50
Soft pink, the perfect red, vibrant coral and
I was on a “use it up” project during the last two months! I have a lot of beauty products and I’ve decided to stop buying any new, until I finish up at least some.
So here is the picture of only some of the body products that I’ve used up, even more are almost finished now. And some new creams are actually on their way to me, as I’ve decided that it was about time I get something new.
Unfortunately, with my very dry skin, body butter/cream/lotion is not an option, it’s a necessity. That’s why I always have a lot of body products around, I like options, remember?
So here are those that I’ve used up recently. This is just an overview, not a detailed review, so to read about each product – click the links I’ve included.
Cowshed Grumpy Cow Uplifting Body Lotion
This is the one I took with me on my summer holiday last year so this scent is very special to me now. It is uplifting and energizing, I really loved using it in the morning or after the workout (after the shower, obviously). Would definitely recommend this scent and I personally want to try other lines from the brand.
Fresh Brown Sugar Body Cream
Fresh Brown Sugar line has already a lot of
I have a new rule when it comes to beauty products, one out – one in (ok, maybe more than one in)! Meaning that I am allowed to buy new beauty products only after I finish some from those that I already have. This is why I get a bit excited when I see a new empty bottle in my bathroom.
I actually have some new items on the way to me, as I type. Can’t wait to try my them all!
I know that it’s not the end of Autumn yet, and there are still three weeks, but I have big doubts that I will finish anything else by the end of the month.
And by the way, here are Summer Empties. I’ve decided to do such features every season.
I really love bath oils, so, since I’ve used up two of my favourites Lavera Organic Wild Rose Bath Oil and Cowshed Lazy Cow Soothing Bath & Body Oil to the very last drop – I’ve already ordered some new ones, which are on their way to me.
Since I have very dry skin, I have to use body moisturizers, sometimes more than once a day, so I go through them quite quickly and this month I have finished the following products:
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter. I think these butters don’t need any introduction and explanation, they are fantastic.
Aromatherapy Assosiates Enrich Body Serum. I never used a body serum before, and was excited to try such kind of product, as it makes sense to use serums/oils on the body before a cream just, as you would on the face. It works! Plus, as