It is better late than never, right? So here is finally a feature on my favourite beauty products of 2017.
Here is actually a look back on my 2015 favourites and 2016 Makeup Favourites. I am still obsessed with those products, by the way. And a link to my 2017 monthly beauty favourites. While in 2015 and 2016 I wrote about makeup only, this time it will be about beauty in general. I have chosen 17 products. Some of the products I loved the most were LE ( Clarins shadows, bronzers for e.g) so here are only those that are still available.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector
This is probably the product of 2017, and it was also in my 2016 favourites. I have been promising to write a detailed feature about it for a while now, and I will definitely do it in the near future. Basically this base gives you the most incredible glow, you get that polished and well-rested effect, dry skin’s best friend. It does not give that much coverage, as it is a primer, but I wear it without any foundation on top. Stay tuned for the photos.
I’ve hit the pan on this product, and will use it all up. I love how it is called bronzer/blush, and it is exactly that, it has a nice balance of warmth and reddish undertones. Perfect for adding colour and definition to your face. I love the texture, the formula an the pigmentation. The staying power is also impressive. See the swatch in the middle.
I am very picky when it come to eye liners, it has to be a very specific tip and formula for me to like it. And this Clarins one is absolutely incredible. The best purchase. The tip is
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
It feels like I am starting every monthly favourites with this. But how is it August already, the 8th month of the year? Where did 2017 go?
All that aside, here is a list of the things I have been loving in July, and please keep in mind that I am still loving/using all the products from the previous months, but I just want to mention the ones I haven’t mentioned before.
I have only discovered this product in July but I think this will be a new long-time favourite. There is no need to say that the formula is amazing, it always is when it comes to this brand. But what is so special about it then? It is the shade which is perfect. Bronzer/Blush is a great description, as it is not your typical bronzer, it has a reddish undertone to it. When I first saw Balm Desert, it made me think of Dallas by Benefit but they are not the same at all. Anyway, this products is great for adding colour to your face, and for gently sculpting it, too.
Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Moonglow (review and swatches)
This is a
Regular readers will know how much I love Watercolour blushers from Daniel Sandler. In fact, I have written a very detailed review of them with tips from Daniel himself.
So this feature will be mostly about the new shades, and not an in-depth review. And there is a kit of four colours! It retails for £49.50 while a single shade is £16.50 which makes each shade from the kit retail for £12.3!
So what are you getting?
- Moonglow, sheer, pearlescent white highlighter
- Sun Glow, a warm, golden bronze illuminator
- Luxe, a delicate, matte peach
- Pop, a medium toned, matte pink
Each bottle is 15ml.
My personal favourite shade is