Nothing says Christmas and holidays quite like the sequined/shimmering red lipstick so I’ve picked up a few new releases. Both sparkling reds and sequined packaging.
Lipsticks inspired by the cult Studio 54, long lasting, creamy texture, matte finish and sparkling packaging.
Pearl-infused sparkling lipstick, sparkling effect and no grit. The shade featured is Carnelian. There are 2 more.
Bobbi Brown Luxe Jewel Lipstick in Ruby Slipper, £28 from Liberty
Full-coverage, pearl-infused sparkling finish lipstick. This
I did write about the bronzers and some new lip products that caught my attention this month, so let’s take a look at the eye shadows. By the way, I often post previews over at Makeup4all Facebook page, so you may want to give it a like.
First of all, how cool are the new Colour Queen eye shadows from L’Oréal. These are oil infused apparently, they will come in 36 shades. [Pic is from Val Garland’s insta]. I want that dark chocolate and red.
Earthy Canvas, Smoky Canvas, Coral Canvas and Rose Canvas. There are three finishes in each: metallic. glitter and matte.
Mascara is probably the makeup product. And usually even those ladies who are not into makeup love themselves some mascara so I’ve decided to dedicate this week to mascaras, and we will start with looking at my all time favourites. I’ve selected six: five black and my all time favourite colourful mascara.
Here we go:
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 10 Noir Review
- Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara review)
- Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara Review
- YSL Faux Cils Mascara Review
- HOURGLASS Caution Extreme Lash Mascara review
A few of these are a cult classic, and for a reason, I must say. Hourglass mascara was launched relatively recently but it took the beauty world by storm. Smith and Cult is the
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
There are always new foundations out for Spring, and SS19 is not an exception, there are at least 10 new launches I can think of, on top of my head. So I’ve decided to choose a few different ones just to give you an idea of what is coming out. All foundations are available in many different colours, except Chanel.
I haven’t tried any of these so I am providing the official descriptions.
Guerlain L’ESSENTIEL NATURAL GLOW FOUNDATION 16H WEAR
“Naturalness & make-up performance come together for the first time at Guerlain. A foundation made with 97% naturally-derived ingredients with a natural glow finish that lasts for 16 hours. The complexion is perfect, luminous and fresh. The comfortable texture becomes one with the skin, making it ideal for buildable coverage (light to medium)”
Not sure what I think of the quirky bottle but it definitely stands out, and the foundation sounds like something I personally would love.
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation (£56/$51)
“Weightless, instant full coverage is delivered through the formula’s innovative coated pigments – allowing for seamless application and long-wearing,second-skin adherence. A natural finish is delivered through light-refracting microspheres, blurring and