It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
To be honest, with so many new makeup releases, sometime it is hard to get excited about a new product but everything I have included in this post has that wow-effect. Let’s take a look!
Ellis Faas is one of the coolest brands out there, the formulas of their products are phenomenal, so are the textures and the colours. This is why I am excited to share that the brand just released three new shades of their incredible Lights. I have actually reviewed the Lights (here)…
The new colours are: E306 in Beige, E307 in Chocolate Brown and
E308 in Dark Metal.
BECCA brought out a palette with their 5 best-selling shades of
I think Ellis Faas is one of the best makeup brands, and it is definitely in my top 5. And Ellis herself is definitely one of my favourite make-up artists, her creativity knows no boundaries, the images she creates are mind-blowing.
I have actually interviewed Ellis some time ago, but never featured the interview itself, so here it is!
1. Can you please tell us something about yourself? How did you discover your love for beauty and makeup?
Initially I wanted to be a photographer, so when I was still in high-school, I did a professional makeup course. A lot of the time I was my own model, and in order to look different each time, I used makeup. I had always liked makeup, so when the photography became to technical, my love for makeup took over. So then I did a makeup course in Amsterdam and a “real” study in Paris.
2. What was your career breakthrough and highlights?
My big international break came when Mario Testino came to Amsterdam to do a shoot for l’Uomo Vogue. He wanted something extra, saw all the books and seeing my special effects portfolio, he picked me. We hit it off and then he started to take me all over the world. There are many highlights, so many great photographers, stylists, models, hair stylists – impossible to choose… But especially all “firsts” made an impression: my first show (Fendi with Karl Lagerfeld), my first big campaign (Gucci with Mario), my first shoot for Vogue Italia (with Paolo Roversi).
3. What advice would you give to those who want to be a part of a beauty/makeup industry? What are the basics they should know?
The biggest thing is that there is no mystery. People in the
To finish our Lipstick Week I’ve decided to feature my current top 3 lipsticks and share the top 3 that are on my wish list.
I’ve made myself choose lipsticks in different colour families, so here are: plum, red and pink. I don’t like orange, nude or any other shades that much.
Since I have already reviewed each lipstick, I have just included the links. I also have to mention that Clarins was recently reformulated, and the new version is even better!
Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 738 Royal Plum (Review and Lip Swatches)
Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 302 Hibiscus Exclusif (Review and Lip Swatches)
Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in 160 Rouge Hypnose (Review and Lip Swatches)
Honourable mentions go to
I remember back in the days, tags were huge but I rarely see any these days. I recently came across the one called “Lipstick Tag”, and decided to participate in it.
1. How many lipsticks do you own?
A lot. Let’s put it that way.
2. What was your first ever lipstick?
To be honest, I don’t even remember, and that is kind of sad. My first high-end lip product was Chanel, that I remember.
3. What is your most worn lipstick?
Probably this red by Lancome.
4. What is your favourite brand for lipsticks?
I really love how Ellis Faas lipsticks feel on. Also I am a fan of