It is better late than never, right? So here is finally a feature on my favourite beauty products of 2017.
Here is actually a look back on my 2015 favourites and 2016 Makeup Favourites. I am still obsessed with those products, by the way. And a link to my 2017 monthly beauty favourites. While in 2015 and 2016 I wrote about makeup only, this time it will be about beauty in general. I have chosen 17 products. Some of the products I loved the most were LE ( Clarins shadows, bronzers for e.g) so here are only those that are still available.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector
This is probably the product of 2017, and it was also in my 2016 favourites. I have been promising to write a detailed feature about it for a while now, and I will definitely do it in the near future. Basically this base gives you the most incredible glow, you get that polished and well-rested effect, dry skin’s best friend. It does not give that much coverage, as it is a primer, but I wear it without any foundation on top. Stay tuned for the photos.
I’ve hit the pan on this product, and will use it all up. I love how it is called bronzer/blush, and it is exactly that, it has a nice balance of warmth and reddish undertones. Perfect for adding colour and definition to your face. I love the texture, the formula an the pigmentation. The staying power is also impressive. See the swatch in the middle.
I am very picky when it come to eye liners, it has to be a very specific tip and formula for me to like it. And this Clarins one is absolutely incredible. The best purchase. The tip is
I have been really into Givenchy lately, and am always curious to see what the brand will bring out next, and here is a preview of their Spring 2018 collection.
Le Rouge Mat, £28
110 Nude Androgyne, 215 Neo Nude, 216 Rose Graphique, 329 Rouge Stiletto, 330 Violine Rétro and 331 Poupre Défilé.
Couture Atelier Eye Palette, £48
Sculpts, shapes and adds colour to your eyes. Their textures are soft, but their pigment is vivid.
Teint Couture Cushion Glow – Two-Tone Highlighter, £37.50
White and pink mother-of-pearl extracts blend together to create a
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
This season Givenchy’s makeup collection is very well edited with only five items. And each product, besides the mascara top coat (not shown) comes in a sparkling special edition case, those are sequins!
The star of the collection is La Palette Eclats Nocturnes Eyeshadow Palette ( $63)
- Blue glitter shadow (a shimmering blue with sparkles of purple)
- Gold glitter shadow (a shimmering yellow gold)
- Bronze glitter shadow (a shimmering copper bronze)
Le Rouge Lipstick ($38) in 328 Grenat Nocturne – burgundy red and Le Rouge-À-Porter ( $38) in 306 Brun Nocturne (reddish brown).
While the first one
I don’t have that many favourites this month but I really love each and every one a lot.
I am huge fan of Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara, and I really like this one, too. This ball-shaped mascara has been around for a while but I have tried it only this year and only because I’ve bought it by accident (did not return it because the lady at Givenchy told me it is her favourite). And I am happy I’ve kept it, as it is great. It takes time to get used to this shape but once you do – you can get incredible results: think, long and black lashes. I also like the fact that this mascara stays on without smudging all day. The only thing I’d say is that this is not a I-am-in-a-rush product, it does take some time to build up the effect but it is worth it, in my opinion.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Pristine Light Light Corrective Eye Primer. Use the code RBR-MAKEUP4ALL20 for a 20% off and get it here.
This is the