I am sorry that I am writing about my September favourites only now but it is better later than never, right?
I love writing these, as it it always great to see what you’ve been loving, beauty wise.
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette (review and swatches)
I have rediscovered this little gem. The colour is spot on for me, and I like the shape of it which allows a very quick but still a precise application.
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride (review and faceswatches)
Love Autumn makeup, all the berry and wine shades, and this was the blush of the month, not only I’ve used it on my friend’s wedding day but I have been also using it on myself pretty much every day. It gives that beautiful flush with a hint of subtle golden shimmer.
Tarte tartelette Amazonian clay matte palette, ($46 from Sephora)
A lot of love for tarte lately, this
Hourglass just released a new version of their signature Ambient Lighting Palettes palettes, this time in a Rose Gold edition.
Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 Rose Gold, LE $80
The shades are:
• DIM LIGHT – a neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights the complexion
• DIFFUSED LIGHT – a soft, warm, pale yellow powder that conceals redness and gives skin clarity
• LUMINOUS BRONZE LIGHT – a medium tan shade fused with Luminous Light for a softer, candlelit warmth
• SURREAL HALO (NEW) – a deep berry blush fused with Surreal Light for a vibrant flush of color
• PURE EFFECT (NEW) – a bright
Seeing all those new and innovative lipstick formulas couldn’t make me happier, like this one from Givenchy, new releases from Hourglass and Too Faced seem to be very promising, too.
Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick $34 and Refills for $22
“Delivers creamy, saturated, longwearing color with a satin finish without smudging or feathering, provides precise application.” Available in 30 shades.
These look so chic and sophisticated, Hourglass killed it yet again.
Too Faced Melted Latex Liquefied High Shine Lipstick, $21
Let’s take a look at the new releases by Hourglass and BECCA, both brand launched new blushes and bronzers for SS17. By the way, you can read my interviews with (former) Creative Directors of both brands here.
Hourglass added four new blush shades ($38) and two new bronzers shades:
- BRILLIANT NUDE – a deep amber blush blended with Brilliant Strobe Light for a lustrous glow.
- EUPHORIC FUSION – a soft lilac blush blended with Euphoric Strobe Light for a resplendent glow.
- IRIDESCENT FLASH – a vivid magenta blush blended with Iridescent Strobe Light for an illuminating glow.
- INCANDESCENT ELECTRA – a cool peach blush blended with Icandescent Strobe Light for a celestial glow.
The bronzers ($50) are:
And here, as promised, are more new launches.
“A lip colour with the intensity of a lipstick that’s infused with a blend of hydration for the appearance of softer, fuller lips. Infused with a blend of shea butter, jojoba, mimosa, and sunflower seed.”
There are 20 shades, shown are: Icon – cool toned red, Warrior – deep plum, Futurist – mauve nude.