I have been travelling quite a lot lately just for the weekends And, although you still want to get everything you may need, taking full-sized products is not the best option.
This is why I’ve kept a lot of mini-sized bottles and sample sized tubes/pots to re-use them. Here is an overview of what I like taking with me for a weekend-away.
1. Micellar Water (in Yves Rocher vanilla bottle) – this is Garnier’s one to remove my makeup. It is gentle and effective.
2. A good cleanser, Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm – my favourite one at the moment (in a small pot).
3. Day cream is REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream which is in a small pot, next to the cleanser. I’ve bought it some time ago, and should definitely review it soon.
4. Eye cream is Lumene SENSITIVE Comforting Eye Cream. It is not bad but not enough for my very dry skin.
5. Of course, I had to take the mini size of my Holy Grail oil from REN. I have re-purchased it three times, and if I could have only one skincare product -this would be it.
6. The night cream is also from REN, and it
I am actually surprised that I have so many favourites this month, as beauty wasn’t exactly my priority in January. But I truly loved all the products I am going to mention.
Surprisingly, it was all about the brown tones for me this month. I always wear red or berry, but felt like a wanted a change and be rebellious with the nudes. This probably doesn’t even make sense to some of you, I know.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Sheer Lipstick- Succulence Of Dew in Perfume Of His Gaze – it is described as “sheer tanned nude-beige”, and I totally agree. Never thought that I’d be wearing something like this. But never say never. Plus, it’s only makeup, it is supposed to be fun.
I am sure that you are already bored to death with me talking about this Trish McEvoy’s bronzer, but this is literally the only product I have been using on my cheeks lately (this and NYX Taupe). And Hourglass No. 2 Foundation/Blush brush is my favourite tool for bronzer/blush/healthy glow & colour on my cheeks.
Finally, there is a mascara that I have been using so much that all the words on it on it completely rubbed off – Max Factor Mastepiece Transform High Impact Volumising Mascara. It gives amazing volume, ultra-black colour and instant wow-effect.
Today I want to show you one more nail polish which is among my favourites and it is L’Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Nail Polish in 734 Black Red.
I’ve actually had it for over a year now and wore it numerous times but somehow always forgot to take the photo.
So here it is finally! And I am so in love with the blackened red, it is a perfect combination if you ask me… It looks absolutely stunning on the nails.
The nail polish applies evenly and is opaque with two coats but the thing that I hate about it is the brush. It is long and thin (and I like it to be short and thick) so I manage to create some mess, especially near the cuticles. But if that’s the kind of brush you like, it shouldn’t be a problem for you.
Although on me it doesn’t last for seven days, as promised, I love and use this nail polish a lot.