Are you ready for Halloween? Do you want to create a great look and need inspiration? You can check out 21 awesome face charts here. And here are 3 that I loved a lot? Do you think you will try something out? Which one did you like?
Ace of Hearts
Look created by M·A·C Artist: Regan Rabanal
Location: New York, NY, USA
Follow the step-by-step and M·A·C products listed below to achieve that look.
1. Block out the eyebrows with MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer.
2. Sketch out the card shape around the eye…use an actual playing card to get the right shape and trace it with Fascinating Eye Kohl.
3. Fill in the card with Luna Cream Colour Base and cover with White Frost Eye Shadow.
4. Add card details with Blacktrack fluidline.
5. Cover face with Studio Sculpt Foundation.
6. Use Blacktrack Fluidline and Mystery Eye Shadow to create the ultimate smoky eye.
7. Add lashes to top and bottom of eye with Duo Adhesive.
8. Using Lasting Lust Pro Long Wear create a heart shape on the lips!
Studio Moisture Fix
Studio Sculpt Foundation
Studio Sculpt Concealer
Blot Powder/Pressed – Medium Dark
Powder Blush – Dolly Mix, Desert Rose
Studio Finish Concealer
Fluidline – Blacktrack
Eye Shadow – Carbon, Soft Brown, Mystery, Bamboo, White Frost, Passionate
Eye Kohl – Fascinating
Cream Colour Base – Luna
Penultimate Liner – Rapid black
Cremestick Liner – Red Enriched
Zoomlash – Zoomblack
Fibrerich – All Black
Lip Erase – Pale (PRO)
Cremestick Liner – Red Enriched
PRO Longwear Lip Colour – Lasting Lust
Dazzleglass – Extra Amps
Look created by M·A·C Artist: Lara Brewster
Location: London, UK
1. Prime and hydrate skin with an application of Prep + Prime SPF 50, and follow with a highlight of Strobe Cream.
Here is the preview of two new MAC collections.
Temperature Raising with a limited edition special design with a lot of products and hot summer-y promos:
- Altered Beige, Creamy yellow beige (lustre)
- Feel My Pulse, Vivid magenta violet (cremesheen)
- Sheer Seduction, Super dazzle bronze (dazzle)
- Caliente, Super dazzle violet (dazzle)
- Liquid Passion, Creamy nude
- Soft Serenade, Mid-tone neutral pink with pearl
- Rhythm, Vivid magenta violet with pearl
- Underdressed, Bronze plum with multidimensional pearls
- Rich Glance, Light gold
- Copper Strip, Frosty mid-tone copper
- Life’s Luxury, Deep bronze brown
- Polished Jet, Charcoal with pearl
Eyeshadow Quads (£38.50)
Bare My Soul: Bare My Soul, Frosted gold (lustre), When in Rio, Deep green with copper pearl (frost), Friendly Deep, bronze chocolate (veluxe pearl), Romantico, Light taupe bronze (veluxe pearl).
Temperature Rising: Circus/Performance Art, Frosted gold mauve (veluxe pearl), Swelter, Mid-tone grey violet (frost), Temperature Rising, light warm tanned peach (lustre), Beauty Marked, Charcoal black with red pearl (velvet).
Powder Blush (£19)
- Ripe For
I have already mentioned so many new lipstick launches here, here and here, but today let’s take a look at even more new and awesome releases. We all know that one can never have too many lipsticks. An although I personally can’t even fit all my lipsticks into my drawers, I want all of these. Ahem.
And even if you do not need anything, theses days the brands create such beautiful images, videos and the stories behind each product that you feel like you have to indulge. Very clever strategy.
“Covetable comfort meets confident color in a high-pigment formula that glides like a gloss, cloaks like a lipstick—and feels like nothing else. Semi-matte color glides on a stays supple without drying or feeling sticky. Developed with Oil Infusion Complex, an innovative concentration of precious oils, fused to create a smooth-glide effect. Fully coats lips on contact with smooth, saturated, semi-matte style.”
All shades are named after the ’70s counterculture phenomena. There are 13 shades, shown is No 54.
Lancome L’Absolu Rouge
One of my favourite lipstick range ever, so I am very excited about the re-launch of the line with a tonnes new shades, all of them being created by Lisa Eldridge they just have to be killer. These are not yet out but Lancome is available from:
There is nothing I love more than a beauty collection which was inspired, or even better, a collaboration, with an artist/photographer/someone from the world of culture. So I was obviously excited to see these new collections from MAC x Helmut Newton and NARS x Sarah Moon.
MAC release so many collections all the time, and the one which celebrates the work of Helmut Netwon really stood out to me. I have actually quite a few of his photos saved on my Pintetest. This is a small edition with carefully chosen products which capture the photographer’s work perfectly.
A palette of classic, neutral shades – Point ‘N’ Shoot (£25/$32), Liquid Eye Liner (£16), Upward Lash Mascara (£19).
There are also three Nail Lacquers (£10): Monte Carlo (red), Call Time (grey) , Berlin (purple) and the most exciting product – Retro Matte Lipcolours (£17.50/$21) which are promised to
I like observing those micro-trends in beauty, they are quite fascinating. Do you remember that craze about the lip oils a while ago (I have a Clarins one)? It seems like now scrubs are the new “It” thing lips-cosmetics-wise.
While Lush and Sara Happ lip scrubs have been around for years, a lot of brands are releasing their option. And while some people say that mixing olive, or any oil of your choice, with sugar will give you the same effect, lip scrubs are popular as ever.
Or you can