I did not write “monthly favourites” features recently, so I will try to combine my winter favourites in one post. But since I could go on, and on I will be very strict with myself and will only allow 10 things. Wish me luck!
Oh, and happy 1st of March! How is it Spring already?
In winter I really enjoyed trying new fragrances, reading about them, and listening to podcasts about perfumery. I especially loved these episodes about Jo Malone and Frederic Malle. I’ve acquired a few sample sets which let me try new scents. I had to move a few times in Autumn, and, unfortunately, lost my Turin/Sanchez perfume book (Amazon/Amazon UK) in the process, so will have to get a new, 2018 addition. I also really want these little samples of Frederic Malle and Margiela magical creations. And a bottle of Le Labo Rose 31 (as seen here).
2. My Reds.
Would this even be a favourites feature from me without mentioning red nail varnishes? My two loves this winter were CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer in Red-Y To Roll, a true long-lasting red, a gorgeous classic, and Givenchy Le Vernis in 06 Carmi Escaprin, a punchy fiery orange based red.
3. Skincare Routine ( on Insta).
I am cheating here a bit, and just mentioning a lot of products but they all are phenomenal. I really have to write detailed reviews on each. But, so far, I can say that I’ve used them all for months and can see incredible results. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser, Darphin Ideal Resource Light Re-Birth Overnight Cream, Anne Semonin Precious Serum, Lierac Mesolift Fatigue Correction Ultra Vitamin Enriched Refreshing Serum. I swear by each product!
4. Good Mascaras.
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
I enjoyed sharing about the things that I loved in Winter, and now it is July and I did not share about my Spring favourites yet.
I’ve actually been strict with myself and allowed only a few products [makeup, beauty, lifestyle] so these are truly creme de la creme, for me.
This is probably my favourite product of them all, and I promise to write about it in more details because, after all, why would you need an extra step in your skincare routine which is £65 on top of it all. But it truly transformed my skincare routine. Think of all those things beauty brands promise in their press releases. It is all that: healthy glow, hydrated skin which is soft and smooth. I think my skin loves the Hungarian thermal water and the urea. And did I mention the frosted luxurious bottle?
I’ve had a small bottle of this with one of my orders and did not expect to love it as much as I do. One of the best face oils I have ever used. Again, think of all those things we want our beauty products to do. Glowing complexion? Nourished and silky skin?
I love writing Christmas gift guides but especially the luxury ones, because when else other than Christmas (and your Birthday, perhaps), you can get away with asking for something high-end? Or, maybe, getting a real treat for your loved ones or even for yourself?
So here are my top picks when it comes to luxury beauty products. And I’ve included only the things which I’ve tried myself and loved, or the things that I think deserve attention.
And, yes, I am aware that it is only October but I know a lot of people who like to plan in advance.
1. Liberty London Advert, £215 from the 16th of October.
This is the ultimate beauty gift, in my opinion. My husband very kindly got it for me last Christmas, and it was one of the best gifts ever. It is worth £600 so £215 is a bargain, if I dare say so.
Alternative: I have posted a lot of other Advent Beauty Calendars on my Facebook page.
2. Goutal Perfumes, £110/£132 for 100 ml from Liberty, Escentual, Harrods.
There is something so special about the Goutal Paris perfumes (the brand was called Annick Goutal previously). The scents are exquisite and sophisticated, the bottles are gorgeous and elegant. If money was not an option I would love to have a whole wardrobe of their beautiful fragrances. But, as for now, I am really enjoying Rose Pompon. Also worth mentioning that the brand recently released alcohol free scents.
3. Foreo Gadgets, £119 for a small one or £169 for a big version from Cult Beauty and Nordstrom.
Brilliant Swedish brand which offers a big variety of facial cleansing and massaging devices, toothbrushes and more. Not only the design is Scandi-chic, the gadgets last forever (here, here, here are mine) but they also are very effective.
4. Omorovicza Skincare Sets Replenish & Restore Collection shown, £95 from Cult Beauty
It’s not a secret that am a big fan of Omorovicza, and, obviously, had to include their sets in the guide. My skin loves it, and that justifies the price tag for me. The set I’ve chosen includes: Miracle Facial Oil (30ml) Rejuvenating Night Cream (15ml), and Omoressence (50ml) .
Alternatives: 111skin, Anne Semonin. Both brands with a hefty price tags which I’ve tried some products from, and loved.
5. Luxury Hair Care: Leonor Greyl, Long Hair Volume Set, €120 from
I love me a luxury hair care products, and Leonor Greyl is as good, as it gets. Everything I’ve tried from the brand was exceptional quality:
It is always exciting to share about the favourite beauty products of the whole year, and I have been doing so for a while, here is a look back to 2018.
When I was thinking about the favourite beauty products of 2019, I had to look back at:
And, although I had an idea of of the products I wanted to include this made it even easier. Now, most of the products I have written in details about, so I will link to those posts.
1 Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
2. Annick Goutal Rose Pompon Perfume,from Harrods and Bergdorf. It has the notes of Bulgarian rose essence, taïf rose, peony, blackcurrent, rasberry, pink pepper, woody cedar, patchouli and white musk. And it is just my dream scent, I never want to be without it, ever.
You must be shocked, right? Rose candles and I… Linked above you can see a few that I’ve enjoyed the most this year. Need MORE!
4. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift Concealer (review and swatches).
Brilliant product: not heavy, doesn’t sit in the fine lines, makes you look fresh and not so tired. Isn’t it what we all want?
5. The Balm Balm Desert, £17.50 here
Not only it has been featured in 2018 but also in 2017, it is my hands down, favourite cheek product, I just use a big fluffy brush to give my face some definition and to warm it up. Balm Desert is in the middle.
6. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush