Last time I wrote about my favourites was in February so it is time a for an update.
I’ve collected some of the things I have been loving the most in the last several months, so since there are quite a few items I’ve divided this feature in two parts, and we’ll start with beauty.
I am a huge fan of the brand, and their products really work for me. While they are quite expensive, I think it is worth the investment, as you only have one face, and you can definitely see the difference with Omorovicza. I have been using both products since March and the serum is practically gone, while there is still at least half of the bottle of the cream. I have dry and sensitive skin, and I am in my early 30s, and I can tell that the skin is smooth and glowing (there is an instant effect straight after the application), it also helped battling the tight, grey and flaky post-winter skin. On top of it, I personally love the scent, sensation and the design. And, yes, when you are paying this much every detail matters. I am now eyeing one of their cleansers. By the way, I have also been loving this cream skincare wise a lot in the last several months.
Speaking of cleansers, I’ve almost used up Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm (from Look Fantastic, Nordstrom, House Of Fraser) which is a cult product in the industry already. And let me tell you – rightly so. First of all, as the name suggests, it smells absolutely incredible, there is something soothing and relaxing about using it at the end of the day, it is like a well deserved “me time”. I also love the cleansing properties and how soft it makes my skin feel. While I never remove my eye makeup with this type of cleansers, I find that it does the job of removing face makeup really well, and it is a great product for a facial massage. In fact, in April we had some quality time with my girlfriends and we were all doing a 20 minute facial massage with this gem, and I can testify that they all were hooked as well.
Since I already posted about my favourite makeup products of 2018, it is time for beauty!
I am in my (early) 30s, and I have very dry skin which requires a lot of attention so I take my skincare seriously. I am aware that all of the products I am going to mention are high end but every single one works incredible for my skin, and none was a press sample, which proves that I do have a very high opinion about them and am ready to invest.
I do not care for celebrities, unless it is Victoria Beckham, and very few other ones in which case, I pay very close attention to her/their beauty recommendations. In fact, someone I know who works for a big beauty brand told me that the Beckhams are among very few celebs who offer to pay for the samples they are sent. I’ve had very high expectations for this cleanser (and yes, partly because Mrs. B loves it), and it did not disappoint. Everything about the Ultimate Cleanse is pure luxury: from the packaging to the formula. Rich texture makes it easy to massage in, you get that at-home-spa feeling. And the result are fab! Clean and glowing skin without any tightness. There is only one problem, now I want everything from the brand.
This is very pricey product but after reading the most glorious reviews ( and waiting when there was a sale) I had to get it. And, seriously, this serum is
I did not write “monthly favourites” features recently, so I will try to combine my winter favourites in one post. But since I could go on, and on I will be very strict with myself and will only allow 10 things. Wish me luck!
Oh, and happy 1st of March! How is it Spring already?
In winter I really enjoyed trying new fragrances, reading about them, and listening to podcasts about perfumery. I especially loved these episodes about Jo Malone and Frederic Malle. I’ve acquired a few sample sets which let me try new scents. I had to move a few times in Autumn, and, unfortunately, lost my Turin/Sanchez perfume book (Amazon/Amazon UK) in the process, so will have to get a new, 2018 addition. I also really want these little samples of Frederic Malle and Margiela magical creations. And a bottle of Le Labo Rose 31 (as seen here).
2. My Reds.
Would this even be a favourites feature from me without mentioning red nail varnishes? My two loves this winter were CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer in Red-Y To Roll, a true long-lasting red, a gorgeous classic, and Givenchy Le Vernis in 06 Carmi Escaprin, a punchy fiery orange based red.
3. Skincare Routine ( on Insta).
I am cheating here a bit, and just mentioning a lot of products but they all are phenomenal. I really have to write detailed reviews on each. But, so far, I can say that I’ve used them all for months and can see incredible results. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser, Darphin Ideal Resource Light Re-Birth Overnight Cream, Anne Semonin Precious Serum, Lierac Mesolift Fatigue Correction Ultra Vitamin Enriched Refreshing Serum. I swear by each product!
4. Good Mascaras.
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
I enjoyed sharing about the things that I loved in Winter, and now it is July and I did not share about my Spring favourites yet.
I’ve actually been strict with myself and allowed only a few products [makeup, beauty, lifestyle] so these are truly creme de la creme, for me.
This is probably my favourite product of them all, and I promise to write about it in more details because, after all, why would you need an extra step in your skincare routine which is £65 on top of it all. But it truly transformed my skincare routine. Think of all those things beauty brands promise in their press releases. It is all that: healthy glow, hydrated skin which is soft and smooth. I think my skin loves the Hungarian thermal water and the urea. And did I mention the frosted luxurious bottle?
I’ve had a small bottle of this with one of my orders and did not expect to love it as much as I do. One of the best face oils I have ever used. Again, think of all those things we want our beauty products to do. Glowing complexion? Nourished and silky skin?