While I am still trying to figure out what were my absolutely favourite products of 2017, here is a feature on my January 2018 favourites, and since I have missed the November and December 2017, there are quite a few products.
While the first product is a firm favourite which I have been using for years (they have a new packaging now) the CT lipstick is a new addition to the products I love. I actually created a Pinterest board about this lipstick for a competition when it just launched. This was a product from a friend who thought I’d like it, and she was right, it is incredible. Gorgeous colour, opaque and not flat, and comfortable but, at the same time, long-lasting formula.
For the eyes I have four products: Clarins Graphik Ink Liner (Selfridges,Harrods, Escentual.com, Nordstorm, Sephora, Bergdorf Goodman.) is the best one I have used in a very long time: it is intensely black and glossy, long-lasting, and very easy to use. A firm favourite, I highly recommend. As for the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curl Addict Mascara in Black Brown (Amazon and Amazon UK) long time readers will know that MF are the only high street mascaras that I use, I am a mascara snob, because, unfortunately, cheap mascaras do not work for me. And I did not plan on getting a Brown version I just did not look properly in the shop. Can’t believe this happened again. But I am loving the softer version of the dark brown.
I barely ever use anything from EL but I am absolutely in love with this eye shadow which was a present from the same friend who gave me the lipstick. This shade goes really well with my other all time favourites, my little duo which is always with me, and I love pairing it with my beloved Inglot Eye Shadows AMC Shine 37 (here).The colour and the sparkling finish are just dreamy.
I also have two
OPI are killing it with their two latest releases. First of all there is this fantastic collection inspired by New Orleans, and the promo video is incredibly beautiful. Now I want to visit even more… One day.
I highly recommend, feel the vibe of that city, and check out the model’s outfits, and her red shoes!
The shades are:
- Let Me Bayou a Drink, This refreshing blush pink is my treat.
- Humidi-Tea, Beat the heat in this nude shimmer.
- Suzi Nails New Orleans, This light, bright pink hits the spot for chic.
- I Manicure for Beads, Throw me nothing but this luscious purple crème!
- Spare Me a French Quarter? Say oui-oui to this mellowed raspberry crème.
- She’s a Bad Muffuletta! Don’t mess with this hot red crème!
- Got Myself into a Jam-balaya. A yummy mélange of spice and creamy peach.
- Crawfishin’ for a Compliment. This light, creamy orange is perfect on me, isn’t it?
- Take a Right on Bourbon. An intoxicatingly, warm metallic pewter.
- I’m Sooo Swamped! This verdant, creamy green is drenched in style.
- Rich Girls & Po-Boys .Make a date with this china blue crème.
- Show Us Your Tips! Let’s see how this periwinkle shimmer looks on you.
As for the Alice Through The Looking Glass collection,
After a preview of some nail polish collections, here are even more – Orly and OPI.
Infamous from Orly: Gossip Girl, Scandal, 15 Minutes Of Fame, Front Page, Makeup to Breakup and Frenemy. There are shimmer, glitter and cream finishes.
As for OPI, their newest seasonal collection is inspired by Venice and includes the following shades:
Who doesn’t love OPI’s nail polish collections inspired by a certain place? This time the brand brought out 12 shades with Hawaiian mood. Can I be there now, please?
As usual, you get those cool names, beautiful shades and a great formula. What is not to like?
- That’s Hula-rious!, This pastel mint green makes me dance with joy!
- My Gecko Does Tricks, Being bright and pearly green is just one of its talents.
- Do You Take Lei Away? On second thought, I can’t wait – I need this creamy nude now!
- Is Mai Tai Crooked? Get it straight – this fruity orange crème is fabulous!
- Go with the Lava Flow, You can feel the heat shimmering off this golden red.
- Aloha from OPI, Let’s give a warm island hello to this bright creamy coral
Is it possible not to fall in love with this new collection from OPI! Just look at those stunning images. Some of them are very Frejya-esque. Beautiful blonde with long braided hair and piercing icy blue eyes in cool-toned clothes and stunning silver jewelry…I’ve got a bit carried away, after all I wrote my final work for uni about Scandinavian culture.
Anyway, I am very pleased to see a collection dedicated to Scandinavia, if you did not notice that already.
The shades are:
Can’t a Fjörd Not To, Whatever it takes, get your hands on this extravagantly creamy coral!
Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?, Stock up! This icy blue-violet is in hot demand!
Going My Way or Norway? No two ways about it… this caramel is delicious!
How Great is Your Dane?, Pass up this cinnamon coffee? You’re barking up the wrong tree!
Ice-Bergers & Fries“Wood” you like a chocolate shake with