Here is a preview of several nail polish collections for Spring 2014, lots of pastels, and not only!
Gorgeous promo photo from Deborah Lippmann, it really is very spring inspired with all the flowers and soft shades.
Blue Orchid – blossoming baby blue, Build Me Up Buttercup – blooming buttery bouquet, Flowers In Her Hair – magnificent mint medley, La Vie En Rose – pastel petal pink, Spring Buds – pretty playful pistachio, Tip Toe through the tulips – perennial pale peach.
- Next Stop… – The Bikini Zone This amethyst-toned pewter suits me just fine.
- Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around – Nobody can stop me from wearing this creamy nude!
- Taupe-less Beach – There’s nothing optional about wearing this enticing taupe.
- I São Paulo Over – There He was sipping coffee with this mocha-toned beauty.
- OPI Scores a Goal! – Make your point in this winning shade of rich chocolate.
- AmazON…AmazOFF – I’m making the switch to this deep jungle green.
- I Just Can’t Cope-acabana – Nothing lifts your spirits like this sunshine yellow.
- Where Did Suzi’s Man-go? – He went to fetch her this delicious mango
Recently I was thinking about how my beauty habits and preferences changed over years… Looks like one of the best examples for that would be my nails.
I used to love really long and square shaped nails. On the first photo, which is from 2010, where I am wearing OPI’s Baby It’s Coal Outside, they are not that long but you get the idea. The thought of cutting and filing down my nails back then was horrifying.
And now I
San Francisco is one of the most amazing cities in the World, so I am personally really excited to see the whole collection dedicated to it. And it’s the OPI’s Fall 2013 nail polish collection.
Also how beautiful are the promo images?
The shades are:
- A-Piers to Be Tan, I shore do like this chocolaty tan.
- Dining al Frisco, Just feast your eyes on this fresh-air blue!
- Haven’t the Foggiest, Can’t tell you why I love this misty gray…I just do!
- Peace & Love & OPI, This holographic sage and eggplant is far out!
- Keeping Suzi at Bay, There’s no holding back this assertive navy blue.
- Incognito in Sausalito, You better keep this almost-black blue under wraps.
- Lost on Lombard, Oh garn-et! I’m all
The list of my favourite makeup products of 2012 was too long already for me to include nail products, too.So here is a separate one.
I’ve decided to be very strict with myself and choose only two nail polishes, one for SS and the other for AW as, otherwise, I would just go on, and on…
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest
This is a gorgeous colours, when I saw the promo photo, I knew I had to get it. But when I saw the first swatches on-line, I’ve ordered it as soon as it was available. OPI have a lot of beautiful complex dark nail polishes and Every Month Is Oktoberfest is one of them. I wear mine a lot, in fact, I have it on as I type. See it on my nails here.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Nomad
And this was my favourite SS nail polish, such a perfect jade colour. There are a lot of variations of jade from different brands, but I think this is my favourite. Plus I am a big fan of Illamasqua’s nail varnishes. By the way, I had it on my toes during my summer holiday. And here is manicure with this shade.
As for other products, I have to mention
It’s not that often I see a beauty product and think to myself: ” I must have it!”. But when I saw swatches of OPI’s Every Month Is Oktoberfest, I knew that I had to get it.
I finally did get it in October and want to show it to you today.
OPI does fantastic and complex dark nail polishes and this one is not an exception. It is blackened reddish purple (does that even make sense?).
It looks fantastic on the nails, especially in the sun.
My friend’s two-years-old girl was mesmerized by it the other day 🙂 She was actually very sad that her Mum does not let her paint her nails as she is “too small yet” (according to her).
On the photo above I am wearing only one coat on the nail polish.
I love the brush which is thin and wide, the formula and the colour. I have applied it two days ago and it looks great so far but OPI nail polishes do last on me for three-four days usually.
Every Month Is Oktoberfest is definitely in my personal TOP 3 nail polishes now!