It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
It’s like only yesterday I was writing about my favourite makeup products of 2016, and today I am already sharing about the favourites of the first month of 2017. Where did time go?
And it feels like I am talking about the same things over, and over again but I do love those products. However, I did discover some new gems this month.
This is definitely my favourite oil of the moment, it works even for my extremely dry skin type, saves it from being flaky and itchy, and smells amazing. Finally, a product I love as much, as my other REN Holy Grail.
J. R. Watkins Shea Butter Hand Cream (from Amazon)
My fried got this one in America, and she told me how this is a very rich and nourishing cream, and it is. While some people find such textures to be too much for their taste, I am a big fan, the cream leaves the skin ridiculously soft and smooth. And smells of honey and coconuts.
Carmex Moisture Lip Balm (from Amazon)
Another present, this time from my lovely Farrah. This product does not need an introduction, it is a cult favourite for a reason. I personally love the
Here are the four new products I have bought recently…
I have used up yet another Optimum Skin Serum Oil which is my Holy Grail product by REN and decided to get a different one this time. And so far I really enjoy using it. Speaking of REN, I’ve used up quite a few products from them recently, so maybe I should write some kind of a round-up?
AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream with Mandarin and Cedarwood. AHAVA is available from Nordstrom
I am a hand cream fanatic, and there are actually six (including these and these) on my desk right now. I imagine the number would be higher if I could fit all of them, ahem. But I did want a small one for my handbag. I usually get L’Occitane but decided to try something else this time. AHAVA is a brilliant brand, so I am looking forward to carrying this cream with me, especially now that it is Winter.
I have a thing for Soap & Glory products, they
Since I am posting all those Holiday Gift Guides, it seemed like a cool idea to share my own wish list. And this is not only beauty but pretty much everything that I want. I would actually really want to know what is on top of your wish list this year, so do share.
What I Saw: Reports from Berlin, 1920-1933 by Joseph Roth, £6 from Amazon UK and $16.95 from Amazon. I read some of his reports about Vienna, and loved them. So the ones about Berlin are on my wish list, too.
Pretty Iconic: A Personal Look at the Beauty Products that Changed the World by Sali Hughes, £12.50 from Amazon UK and $14 from Amazon. I don’t really read that many beauty related websites/books these days, but I did read Sali’s first book, and would like this one, too.
Being such a fan of REN’s Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil, I’ve decided to buy more products from the brand a while ago, and since I’ve already used up some of them – it is time to share my impressions. And I will start with the Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk.
I love my luxury cleansing balms, but sometimes it is nice to use something simple but effective, like this cleanser. It is a great product for a sensitive and delicate skin, and it is promised to leave skin calm and soothed. And I would agree. I always remove my eye makeup with a separate product, so I can’t make any comments about how good it is at dissolving the mascara or the eye liner but I liked it for removing the face products.