AW, nail polish wise, is not only about berries and plums (funny how I type that right after a new manicure with a gorgeous cream plum, oh the irony) but also about rich metallics, as you can see below.
Here is a preview of Essie and Zoya Fall 2015 collections.
- Leggy Legend, alloyed bronzed bombshell
- With The Band, toasted spice burgundy
- Color Binge, addictive orange red
- In The Lobby, exotic cinnamon plum
- Bell-Buttom Blues, intense midnight indigo
- Frock n’Roll, shimmering rich espresso
ArtDeco’s Mystical Forest collection is all about the hot burgundy, crimson, berry and purple shades for eyes, lips and nails. There are tonnes of products to choose from so there is something for everyone. And how cool is the beauty box?
Soft Kajal Liner
- 12 – dimgray and 56 – woodgrained
Soft Eye Liner Waterproof
- 97 – anthracite
Eye Designer Refill
- 83 – mountain ash
- 236 – glam gorgeous aubergine
Beauty Box in Mystic Forest. How gorgeous are the purple and pink shades?
- 40 – crown pink
Eyeshadows: 215 – mountain rose, 91A – forest flower, 89A –
I am happy to see that Illamasqua‘s new collection looks like one of their first releases with original shades of makeup and stunning promo images created by Alex Box.
The collection is called Earth, and I love the tribal vibes of the photos.
The products are:
Nomadic palette, £34
Four matte and metallic eye shadows: Loam (a deep earth green), Terra (an earth clay red), Solitude (a poetic grey) and Gravity (a glazy grey).
Glamore Lipstick (£20) in Kin, sophisticated burnished, satin finish
Pure Pigment Powder (£17) which is a
For me personally it’s always a big deal when Jo Malone release their new autumnal scent. I am actually absolutely in love with Blackberry and Bay and I’ve bought my Mum Peony and Blush Suede which she loves.
I don’t yet have a bottle of Sea Salt and Sage from last year’s collection still but it’s only a matter of time..
This year it is about Mimosa & Cardamom, and is described as: “Mists of honeyed, golden mimosa float above the spiciness of freshly crushed cardamom. Creamy tonka and smooth sandalwood woven under powdery heliotrope and Damask rose picked at dawn. Warm, ethereal, mesmerising.”
The products are:
I really loved the video of Lisa Eldridge creating the look on Caroline de Maigret who collaborated with Lancome to bring out a AW 2015 makeup collection which is all about the Parisian chic.
Speaking of Parisian chic, I’ve had a book How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits written by Carloine and her girlfriends for some time now, and I should definitely read it at some point soon.
I am sure that I am not the only one who wants to play with the collection after watching this video… So what are the products?
Mes Incontournables de Parisienne, £55
- 4 eyeshadows: a matte rosewood, an iridescent bronze, an intense brown and a warm, subtly scintillating taupe
- 1 illuminator: its very pale pink
- 3 brow powders: light, medium and dark
- 1 blush: pink cream blush
- 2 expert brushes: the Yeux Traceur et Ombre features a flat tip to apply and blend the shadow for an elegant smoky eye, as well as a firm bevelled tip to apply monochromes or eyeliner. the eyebrow applicator includes a brush to structure the brow and a bevelled tip to accentuate the line. It can also be used to apply eyeshadow like a liner to lids.
Le Crayon Khôl, £17, 3 LE shades: