Have you seen the new YSL Couture Palettes? (There is one in their summer collection, too) These are the new brand’s quints.
The shades are: 1 Tuxedo, 2 Fauves, 3 Afrique, 4 Saharienne, 5 Surrealiste, 6 Rive Gauche, 7 Parisienne (my favourite), 8 Avant Garde, 9 Baby Doll Nude, 10 Lumieres Majorelle, 11 Ballets Russes.
Everything about these palettes was inspired by the “Mondrian” dresses created by Mr. Saint Laurent. Here is how the brand describes this new release: “Eyes like a work of art: Art of colors, Art of combinations, A design as a piece of art.”
Although we all are discussing Autumn collections already, let’s not forget that it is still Summer…
To remind us of that Rouge Bunny Rouge created a new look, which is the first part of their new trilogy- Under Good Omens.
This look is called Chance, it “celebrates the concept of a fortunate coincidence”, and it is all about the bronze and blue shades, signature Summer colours.
Here is how you can re-create it:
- “A combination of skincare and make-up base, the Original Skin Primer GENESIS will help you maintain a beautifully flawless skin throughout the day by smoothing the appearance of your skin, evening out your skin tone, minimizing the look of pores and increasing your foundation’s longevity.
- Invisible and impalpable, the Tinted Moisturiser SKETCHES ON WATER will even out the skin tone naturally. Add touches of the Bronzing Glow Powder AS IF IT WERE SUMMER STILL... to look kissed by sunbeams.
- Hide imperfections by applying Luminous Skin Wand FINE-SPUN LIGHT or Glide Concealer NAKED DISGUISE and smoothing it on with great care.
- Using a tiny amount of Highlighting Liquid SEAS OF ILLUMINATION on your cupid’s bow and in the corners of your eyes, draw the light to your lips and eyes.
- For a more intense glow, blend some of Highlighting Liquid SEAS OF ILLUMINATION with Tinted Moisturiser SKETCHES ON WATER and apply to the top of your cheekbones, to the bridge of your nose, and to the centre of your chin.
- With the light, creme-to-powder formula of our Blush Wand CHEEKS IN BLOOM it’s easy to create a fresh, transparent colour. We suggest the fresh, cool rose petal pink ‘Vermeer’.
Who doesn’t love a good ol’ cream product in a stick? It’s a perfect formula for summer, it melts into the skin, and gives that natural beautiful glow.
The price is £30 for each and they are avilable from Selfridges.
As for other release –
Here are the two new face products for summer 2014 that caught my attention.
First of all, there is a new product in my favourite Clarins range (I have re-purchased it several times) HydraQuench – Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 (£30, 50 ml). The brand promises radiant skin and a natural healthy glow.
According to Clarins, their tinted moisturizer does the following:
- Boosts the skin’s own hydrating mechanisms by stimulating the production of filaggrin, a protein of cells in the epidermis which helps to reinforce the skin’s barrier function.
- Moisturises all skin levels with the combination of two forms of hyaluronic acid: one of high molecular weight and the other of low molecular weight.
- Protection from UV rays with 100% mineral protection and SPF15, defence from harmful effects of pollution and protection from free radicals.
When it comes to more affordable brands, ArtDeco is one of my favourites, and I always try to check out their new releases when I am near their counter. Here is a preview of the summer 2014 makeup collection – Jungle Fever.
Below you can see a trio beauty box and Bronzing Glow Blusher Queen Of The Jungle. You actually get three shimmering shades in one compact: coral, soft fuchsia and rosewood. You can use them individually or mix together.
There are eight new Art Couture Eye Shadow to choose from: 27 sugar pearl, 12 earthy-brown, 20 golden earth 83 sweet violet; 49 gold green, 32 green jungle 61 jungle river and 73 blue stream.
ArtDeco say that the texture combines the best features of a powder, baked, cream and liquid eye shadow. “The delicate texture becomes a