This month is a month is a Brest Canser Awareness and a lot of brands are involved in this! I will tell you about several brands that are taking part in this! Each of us can help!
Pink Ribbon Palette
Show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month with special, limited-edition Pink Ribbon Palette for Cheeks and Eyes.This all-in-one makeup palette includes four must-have eye colors and two cheek colors to highlight, define and contour for customized looks. Packaged in a Limited-Edition pink compact. 20,000 will be donated out of the proceeds from the North American sales of this collectible to Breast Cancer Research Foundation created by Evelyn Lauder.It is priced at $49 and valued at $100.
Great Skin, Great Cause
Limited-edition Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion comes with a pink bracelet and two charms: a Clinique “C” and Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Ribbon. $10 per Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion sold during October will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Great Lips, Great Cause
This is the second post about my vacation and this time it’s about SPA (First post about food you can check out here). I heard that Cleopatra is a very famous treatment is some Arabic countries and mostly in Egypt so I wanted to give it a try. So what is in the programm:
- Steam room – several minutes, then Coconut peeling
- Steam room
- Face mask
- Thai massage with oils
Sounds great, right? But before I tell you my impression here is some general information about Cleopatra (known also for all the beauty rituals that she loved) for you.
(Monica Bellucci as Cleopatra)
Cleopatra was regarded as a great beauty, even in the ancient world. In his Life of Antony, Plutarch remarks that “judging by the proofs which she had had before this of the effect of her beauty upon Caius Caesar and Gnaeus the son of Pompey, she had hopes that she would more easily bring Antony to her feet. For Caesar and Pompey had known her when she was still a girl and inexperienced in affairs, but she was going to visit Antony at the very time when women have the most brilliant beauty”. Later in the work, however, Plutarch indicates that “her beauty, as we are told, was in itself not altogether incomparable, nor such as to strike those who saw her.” Rather, what ultimately made Cleopatra attractive were her wit, charm and “sweetness in the tones of her voice.”
Cassius Dio also spoke of Cleopatra’s allure: “For she was a woman of surpassing beauty, and at that time, when she was in the prime of her youth, she was most striking; she also possessed a most charming voice and knowledge of how to make herself agreeable to every one. Being brilliant to look upon and to listen to, with the power to subjugate every one, even a love-sated man already past his prime, she thought that it would be in keeping with her role to meet Caesar, and she reposed in her beauty all her claims to the throne.”
So this is my impression
I suffer from insomnia and sometimes I can’t fall asleep no matter how tired I am. So I thought that I really need to change a lot of things. This is why I made this list.
- Go for a walk before going to bed.
- If you can’t go for a walk open window at least for 30 minutes.
- Drink warm milk with honey. Lady from Loneliness On the Net (or in the Web), a book by Wisniewski was drinking warm milk all the time. I really liked that book 😉
- Mint or herbal tea. I have a tea called ” Sweet dreams” with chamomile and other herbs that help you to relax and calm down.
- Try to avoid watching movies in bed, reading and eating. Your mind should remember that you sleep in bed.
- Be sure that you don’t eat beafore going to bed.
- Get yourself an orthopedic mattress. I just got myself one! It is a bit expensive but is totally worth it! Mine is blue with daisies 🙂
I already made posts ” How to Chose Best Sun Glasses” and “Summer Must Haves: My Glasses by Roksolana Bogutska”
Today I want to talk about hair care. Do you know how to take care of your hair in summer? Do you want you hair to look gorgeous? Here are some useful tips that will help you!
- Remember to wear scarf hat or cap to protect your hair against the damaging effects of the sun.
- If you are planning to stay long in the sun, use a protective sunscreen on your hair before stepping out.
- Try using Sun Hair repair mask, after your hair is exposed to the harmful effects of the sun for a long duration.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair, meaning make the least use of Hair Dryers or Hair Curlers on your hair. If at all using it, remember to condition your hair before you do so.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Avoid hair products with formaldehyde or alcohol in it which dry out hair, try to use natural products that are gentler on your hair.
- Try using moisturizing shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as they are much gentle on your hair.
- Try washing your hair less often; shampooing your hair strips the moisture out of your hair.
- Deep condition your hair after each shampoo wash.
- Products with replenishing actions works better in summer.
Chris McMillan, the star’s longtime friend and stylist, spills
What was Jennifer’s hair like when she first came to your salon?
I’ve been doing Jennifer’s hair forever. When I first met her, she had long, one-length hair with bangs, and she was like, “Don’t cut my hair—I want my hair long.” But I’m a hairdresser, so I obviously cut her hair and told her she needed to grow her bangs out. I cut a couple inches off and layered it from her bangs down to the ends. Then I taught her how to pin the bangs over with a bobby pin and make them flat—remember how everyone was doing that on the first year of Friends? Six weeks later, she came back to the salon for another haircut—her bangs were longer, and we just cut a little bit more off her length. The next thing you know, her bangs were down to her chin, and the rest of her hair was at her shoulders in these long, loose layers that sort of flipped out—and that’s what we called the Rachel.
What was the Friends hairstyle inspired by?
I’m always inspired by other hairdressers, models, fashion, and magazines like ELLE. For the Rachel, I was inspired by a model named Beri Smither—Ward Stegerhoek did her hair at the time. She was wearing this really great shag haircut—it wasn’t the Rachel, but it inspired me. These days, though, Jen likes her hair on the longer side with her layers grown out.
What’s Jennifer’s natural hair texture?
She has naturally wavy, medium-texture hair, and she has what you would call good hair—it goes curly really easily if you scrunch it, and if you blow-dry it straight, it stays straight but with body.
What shampoo and conditioner does she use?
She loves having her hair shampooed fresh and clean. She shampoos and conditions pretty much every day—if she’s going for the day-old-hair look, she prefers to create it using products. The shampoo and conditioner she’s using right now are my shampoo and conditioner. I used her and Courteney Cox as my guinea pigs. Jennifer uses the products every day. She also loves deep conditioners—I’ll do professional treatments at my salon using Shu Uemura products.
What hair products did she use before she came to you?
Oh, God, we used to laugh—she loved Aussie 3 Minute Miracle back in the day. We would use that stuff. We loved the smell of it. They also have that Aussie Sprunch Hairspray—we’d use that, too.
How does Jennifer keep her hair looking great between salon visits?