It is better late than never, right? So here is finally a feature on my favourite beauty products of 2017.
Here is actually a look back on my 2015 favourites and 2016 Makeup Favourites. I am still obsessed with those products, by the way. And a link to my 2017 monthly beauty favourites. While in 2015 and 2016 I wrote about makeup only, this time it will be about beauty in general. I have chosen 17 products. Some of the products I loved the most were LE ( Clarins shadows, bronzers for e.g) so here are only those that are still available.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector
This is probably the product of 2017, and it was also in my 2016 favourites. I have been promising to write a detailed feature about it for a while now, and I will definitely do it in the near future. Basically this base gives you the most incredible glow, you get that polished and well-rested effect, dry skin’s best friend. It does not give that much coverage, as it is a primer, but I wear it without any foundation on top. Stay tuned for the photos.
I’ve hit the pan on this product, and will use it all up. I love how it is called bronzer/blush, and it is exactly that, it has a nice balance of warmth and reddish undertones. Perfect for adding colour and definition to your face. I love the texture, the formula an the pigmentation. The staying power is also impressive. See the swatch in the middle.
I am very picky when it come to eye liners, it has to be a very specific tip and formula for me to like it. And this Clarins one is absolutely incredible. The best purchase. The tip is
I am very happy to share that today Makeup4all turns 9, it is as if I wrote this feature about it turning 5 yesterday. I honestly can’t believe it. So much has changed since that time. Considering that it is also Valentine’s Day, I though I would share some features that are appropriate for the occasion. And for me VDay means red and roses, not like any other day is different.
Everything You Need To Know About Red Lipstick (here). I have written so many articles about red lipsticks over the years, and that is just a round up. And if you are wondering about my current favoruite red – that is this one.
And let’s not forget about the red Nail Polishes (here). Especially about
While I am still trying to figure out what were my absolutely favourite products of 2017, here is a feature on my January 2018 favourites, and since I have missed the November and December 2017, there are quite a few products.
While the first product is a firm favourite which I have been using for years (they have a new packaging now) the CT lipstick is a new addition to the products I love. I actually created a Pinterest board about this lipstick for a competition when it just launched. This was a product from a friend who thought I’d like it, and she was right, it is incredible. Gorgeous colour, opaque and not flat, and comfortable but, at the same time, long-lasting formula.
For the eyes I have four products: Clarins Graphik Ink Liner (Selfridges,Harrods, Escentual.com, Nordstorm, Sephora, Bergdorf Goodman.) is the best one I have used in a very long time: it is intensely black and glossy, long-lasting, and very easy to use. A firm favourite, I highly recommend. As for the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curl Addict Mascara in Black Brown (Amazon and Amazon UK) long time readers will know that MF are the only high street mascaras that I use, I am a mascara snob, because, unfortunately, cheap mascaras do not work for me. And I did not plan on getting a Brown version I just did not look properly in the shop. Can’t believe this happened again. But I am loving the softer version of the dark brown.
I barely ever use anything from EL but I am absolutely in love with this eye shadow which was a present from the same friend who gave me the lipstick. This shade goes really well with my other all time favourites, my little duo which is always with me, and I love pairing it with my beloved Inglot Eye Shadows AMC Shine 37 (here).The colour and the sparkling finish are just dreamy.
I also have two
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the