What is written:
Pamper yourself with the Mediterranean Olive Oil Collection and enrich your skin with a centuries-old beauty tradition. Clinically and dermatologically tested.
This product combines olive oil and olive leaf extract to make a deep conditioner that can be used daily (leave on a minute) or weekly (leave on 10-20 minutes).
What do I think:
It’s about time I write about my beauty favourites of 2012, right?
I am sorry that it took me absolutely ages to get around. I really loved reading such type of posts and watching such type of videos.
So, hopefully, you will like my list, too.
I will start with perfume and hair care, as these are the shortest categories (for me).
Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
There was a lot of hype around this product this year and I have to admit that I am a fan, too. You can read all the details about this fragrance here.
Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay Cologne
I have realised that I really love blackberry note in my perfumes. Blackberry and Bay from Jo Malone was the scent I wore during my holiday in August and during all September so whenever I were it now, it makes me think of very nice moments in my life. As it was a Limited Edition, I only use it on the special occasions.
Illamasqua Freak Eau De Parfum
For me this is a super sexy scent, but it’s not over the top, plus it lasts really well on me. No wonder that people from Illamasqua are so proud of it. I have several samples but definitely have to get a full size.
Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle
This has to be my favourite candle of 2012, as it does help to relax in the evening and is a high quality product. Read more about it here.
I have got this Malin + Goetz set at Zuneta for £20 as for myself as a Christmas gift. But it looks like that the kit is no longer available. But I am still going to let you know my impression as you can always get each product on its own.
I just love getting different kits with mini products as it’s a great way to try the brand without braking the bank.
So what do you get?
- Grapefruit Face Cleanser (full size 236 ml – £ 25)
- Vitamin E Face Moisturiser (full size 118 ml – £ 36)
- Vitamin B5 Body Moisturiser (full size 236 ml – £28)
- Bergamot Body Wash (full size 236 ml – £ 15.50)
- Cilantro Hair Conditioner (full size 236 ml – £16.50)
- Peppermint Shampoo (full size 236 ml – £ 16)
First of all I have to say that I absolutely love the design, I think it’s brilliant. And this kit was very useful when I was travelling.
I absolutely loved the shampoo and I would probably re-purchase it although I find that it is very expensive (236 ml – £ 16 and 473 ml for £ 30). I adore the fresh mint scent and it reminds me of mint sweets that I love. I find that it is very refreshing for summer and this shampoo is just a pleasure to use.
As for the hair conditioner – I really dislike cilantro which is also known as coriander so I can’t say that I’ve enjoyed using this conditioner as it has a strong scent of coriander. I’d rather put a conditioner with other scent, really.
The face wash is
I’ve been using Philip Kingsley’s PK 4 HAIR vitamins for three months and have been seeing great results (will do a review later), so have decided to try the brand’s cult product which is Elasticizer.
I’ve got the smallest tube ( £12.25 for 75 ml), to see how I like it before getting a full sized product.
I don’t have damaged or colour treated hair to begin with, but I do see great results anyway. Although, you should leave it for 10-20 minutes, I usually leave it on for a longer time while I am doing some kind of work around the house ( I use it in the evening). And then shampoo, as usual.
Usually (90%) I let my hair dry naturally and don’t style it in any way but, once again, I can see that my hair is soft, shiny and in a great condition, as if I have just visited the salon! It is definitely so much better than most hair products I’ve tried before. I actually don’t use conditioners as don’t see any results, but this is very different.
I also like that
I already made posts ” How to Chose Best Sun Glasses” and “Summer Must Haves: My Glasses by Roksolana Bogutska”
Today I want to talk about hair care. Do you know how to take care of your hair in summer? Do you want you hair to look gorgeous? Here are some useful tips that will help you!
- Remember to wear scarf hat or cap to protect your hair against the damaging effects of the sun.
- If you are planning to stay long in the sun, use a protective sunscreen on your hair before stepping out.
- Try using Sun Hair repair mask, after your hair is exposed to the harmful effects of the sun for a long duration.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair, meaning make the least use of Hair Dryers or Hair Curlers on your hair. If at all using it, remember to condition your hair before you do so.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Avoid hair products with formaldehyde or alcohol in it which dry out hair, try to use natural products that are gentler on your hair.
- Try using moisturizing shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as they are much gentle on your hair.
- Try washing your hair less often; shampooing your hair strips the moisture out of your hair.
- Deep condition your hair after each shampoo wash.
- Products with replenishing actions works better in summer.