Do you know why I am always waiting for the new collections? I hope to see the item that I want/need/MUST get for myself! I remember when I first saw YSL Fall 2010 makeup collection I instantly fell in love with the # 7 Bronze Gold Ombrés 5 Lumieres palette.
I was extremely happy when I got it. I should have written the review long time ago because it’s already time to talk about YSL 2010 fall collection. But it’s better late than never.
So what do I love so much about these shadows
Or should I say adore? 😉
- It’s a pure high-end item, everything about it is so elegant and luxury.
- I got these palette because of the colours, they are amazing!
Brown – beautiful golden brown shade
Yellow – shiny yellow
Highlighter – the most amazing shadows, shimmery golden shade ( I need a dupe)
Khaki – shimmery khaki shade
Eyeliner – matte brown shade, I use it for the bows sometime and also to line the eyes.
- I think these are quite unique shades for a high-end brands because there are not that many yellow shadows among luxury companies. I can think about shu uemura and Shiseido righ now.
- This palette is perfect for
I already made a preview of 5 black eye shadows that I like and NARS Single Eye Shadow in Night Clubbing was one of them.
I have to say that NARS eye shadows are one of the best shadows on the market and it is not only my opinion!
Why is it like that? Well, the answer is very simple, they are perfect!
What do I mean?! Here are only some reasons why you may like NARS shadows:
- They come in a great package, nice simple logo and an elegant black design.
- The pigmintation of the product is amazing, you need only a tiny amount of it.
- The shadows don’t smudge, crease or “magically disappear” from your lids.
- Great variety of colours and a lot of them are unique, I personally really like the shadows from “Night Serie”.
- It is a pleasure to work this these shadows: they are soft and it’s not a problem to blend them. You can also layer the shadows for more intense look.
- Honesly, I could go on and on because I can see only good things in this product.
And here is the Night Clubbing swatched.
I promised to show you how Illamasqua’s Liquid Metal in Surge looks like on the eyes so here is the photo. My aim was to show you the easiest way you could wear it, the one you can create even when you have minimum time in the morning. But with Illamasqua products you can create so many looks, you just have to use your imagination 🙂
So here are the products that I used:
- Korres Eyebrow pencil #2.
- Light eye shadows under the brows and to all over the lid, I used MAC skintone 1 which is a LE.
- Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Surge.
- NARS shadows in Night Clubbing which is one of my favourite eye shadow and you can see the swatch here.
- Hypnose mascara by Lancome.
- Le Crayon Khol by Lancome in Brun Noir which is my HG, review here. I used it on the eye waterline.
So what do you think? Would you try such look? I’ve already tried some very creative looks using Surge but wanted to share the easiest one with you. The one you can wear every day and spend minimum time creating it.
I already wrote some reviews about Inglot eye shadows but never wrote about their palettes. So what about them? The coolest thing is that you can choose how many shadows do you want and you can pick the shape, too! They have round and square shadows and you can get them in the set of 3, 5 and 10. You can also get lipsticks and blushes in different sets. Anyway, you can get everything you need at Inglot from false eyelashes to holographic lip glosses. But back to the shadows. I have different shadows from the brand but today I want to show you my set with 5 bright round shadows.
I’ve picked all the colours myself and I really love all of them. They don’t have names but do have numbers. So here are the numbers if you would like to get the same
- yellow 60
- green d.s 477
- orange 51
- purple d.s 494
- turquoise shine 33
And now my thoughts and swatches
Black eye shadow is a must have for every woman! Today I’ve picked up 5 shades by Lancome, Urban Decay and NARS. I will tell you my opinion(this is not a detailed review just several words) and will show you swatches. To find out more about the shadows and to get your own click on the image.
1)Color Design by Lancome in Statuesque, $17
I have 9 Lancome Color Design shadows and I like them all. I love almost everything that I have by Lancome (and I have a lot) and these shadows are also great. But you will need to use this shade several times to get a real intense colour.
2)Matte Eyeshadow by Urban Decay in Perversion, $17
Great matte shadow, intense and stays on for a long time. I love matte shadows by Urban Decay!
3) Deluxe Eyeshadow by Urban Decay in Zero, $18
It is worth getting this eye shadow at least because of the design. All shades have different design and the products is amazing.
4) Eyeshadow by Urban Decay in Oil Slick, $17