Remember my post about L’Oreal Color Infaillible Eye Shadows in All Night Blue?
I liked them so much that I wanted to buy more shades and when I was looking for swatches on-line I came across this post (definitely take a look!) and knew that I had to get 026 Golden Mahogany.
But L’Oreal has a strange system, I mean they have different shades for different countries and sometimes the names of the shades are different, too. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find Golden Mahogany at my local L’Oreal counters.
I tweeted my disappointment the other day and… I was shocked but lovely Marija (who has a blog) got it for me as a Christmas present. That was such an amazing surprise, thank you Marija, you definitely made my day.
I won’t repeat myself, so if you want to know my thoughts about the quality of these eye shadows take a look here. But I want to tell you about the colour.
I am sorry for the lack of updates but I have been very busy with work and one project I am currently involved in. But since I have decided to sort out my makeup, I’ve wanted to post about some of the affordable eye shadow palettes that I am passing onto my friends (three of them,
one I am keeping for myself).
I am also giving away like 30 lipsticks which makes me kind of proud. I should really give away a lot more, but I could never bring myself to parting with my precious. Think Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings, ahem.
But here are the palettes.
And they are Max Factor, Maybelline, L’Oreal and Makeup Revolution.
This is the one that I am keeping for myself. But, in my defense, I am giving away some other palettes not shown on the photo. While the photo is not the best quality you can still see how incredibly pigmented these eye shadows are. They are really smooth and
In my April beauty favourites I promised to swatch theBalm’s Meet Matt(e) Trimony Matte Eyeshadow Palette. I actually really like theBalm eye shadows (nude Tude and Shady Lady Palette Vol.2 , and this one was not an exception.
My friend was actually clearing out her collection, and passed this onto me. While not all shades look good on my complexion, some of them I adore, and use a lot. My personal favourites are: Matt Rossi (cool toned taupe) and Matt Kumar (warm-toned reddish brown).
As it is always with theBalm eye shadows they are very smooth and soft, their mattes are some of the best on the market, they are not at all chalky or dusty, you can see how pigmented they are, too, on the swatches below. Gorgeous, right?
One more thing which I really like is a huge mirror which is brilliant for
Meet the star of Clarins Spring 2016 release, the Natural Glow 5-Colour Shadow Palette (£33). This is a quint which comes in the most beautiful compact, it is a beautiful reflective copper.
Inside you get the following shades:
- a pale pink glitter (my personal favourite), it gives that beautiful multi-dimensional effect; just make sure you are being careful with your application, as it can get all over the face, as all glitter shades.
- the next one is a matte ivory shade which will be a my-skin-by-better for light skin-tones and a highlighter for darker skin tones.
- metallic copper, with peachy pink under tones, the most unique one from the metallic trio.
- metallic bronze, will look flattering on pretty much everyone.
- dark purple, a great shade to use as a liner or for the outer corner.
Rouge Bunny rouge launched the newest quad in their Raw Garden collection. It is called Loess, and it is a combination of warm and cool toned shadows.
Here is a close-up of all four:
- A soft golden beige; a highlighting colour
- A soft, milky powder pink (the shimmering sister of our Long-lasting Matt Eye Shadow ‘Bashful Flamingo’)
- A mauve cacao
- A smoky, neutral basalt grey with slightly cool metallic shimmer