I am sorry for the lack of updates but I have been very busy with work and one project I am currently involved in. But since I have decided to sort out my makeup, I’ve wanted to post about some of the affordable eye shadow palettes that I am passing onto my friends (three of them,
one I am keeping for myself).
I am also giving away like 30 lipsticks which makes me kind of proud. I should really give away a lot more, but I could never bring myself to parting with my precious. Think Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings, ahem.
But here are the palettes.
And they are Max Factor, Maybelline, L’Oreal and Makeup Revolution.
This is the one that I am keeping for myself. But, in my defense, I am giving away some other palettes not shown on the photo. While the photo is not the best quality you can still see how incredibly pigmented these eye shadows are. They are really smooth and
In my April beauty favourites I promised to swatch theBalm’s Meet Matt(e) Trimony Matte Eyeshadow Palette. I actually really like theBalm eye shadows (nude Tude and Shady Lady Palette Vol.2 , and this one was not an exception.
My friend was actually clearing out her collection, and passed this onto me. While not all shades look good on my complexion, some of them I adore, and use a lot. My personal favourites are: Matt Rossi (cool toned taupe) and Matt Kumar (warm-toned reddish brown).
As it is always with theBalm eye shadows they are very smooth and soft, their mattes are some of the best on the market, they are not at all chalky or dusty, you can see how pigmented they are, too, on the swatches below. Gorgeous, right?
One more thing which I really like is a huge mirror which is brilliant for
Meet the star of Clarins Spring 2016 release, the Natural Glow 5-Colour Shadow Palette (£33). This is a quint which comes in the most beautiful compact, it is a beautiful reflective copper.
Inside you get the following shades:
- a pale pink glitter (my personal favourite), it gives that beautiful multi-dimensional effect; just make sure you are being careful with your application, as it can get all over the face, as all glitter shades.
- the next one is a matte ivory shade which will be a my-skin-by-better for light skin-tones and a highlighter for darker skin tones.
- metallic copper, with peachy pink under tones, the most unique one from the metallic trio.
- metallic bronze, will look flattering on pretty much everyone.
- dark purple, a great shade to use as a liner or for the outer corner.
Rouge Bunny rouge launched the newest quad in their Raw Garden collection. It is called Loess, and it is a combination of warm and cool toned shadows.
Here is a close-up of all four:
- A soft golden beige; a highlighting colour
- A soft, milky powder pink (the shimmering sister of our Long-lasting Matt Eye Shadow ‘Bashful Flamingo’)
- A mauve cacao
- A smoky, neutral basalt grey with slightly cool metallic shimmer
It’s not a secret that I am a huge fan of Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows, and I was very excited about their newest palette which I have posted on my Instagram 6 weeks ago already.
The brand’s Eye Shadow Palette Raw Garden in Antigo is probably my favourite release, and here is why.
I really love the sleek and chic black compact, with a good mirror, and a very well edited selection of shades with a wavy pattern. You just can tell that it is a luxury product. Moreover, it comes in a beautiful cardboard packaging with a signature RBR design.
You get four beautiful and really versatile shades ( descriptions are from the brand):
- A very light, yellow-tinged neutral vanilla cream beige; the ideal base to even out your skin tone and add highlights
- A medium, cool taupe with a hint of pink
- A medium, true “café latte” brown taupe
- A dark, rich, powdery chocolate brown
And it is pretty much everything you need: a