I am sure a lot of you have seen Chanel RTW SS2012 this week. I have a beauty breakdown and an interview with Peter Philips, hope you will enjoy it!
- VITALUMIÈRE AQUA Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup Compact Crème – New – Available in March 2012
- POUDRE UNIVERSELLE LIBRE Natural Loose Finish Powder
- ÉCLAT LUMIÈRE Highlighter Face Pen
- ILLUSION D’OMBRE Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme and Emerveillé
- STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF Long-lasting Eyeliner in Ébène
- LE CRAYON KHÔL Intense Eye Pencil in Clair
- CRAYON SOURCILS Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil
- MASCARA INIMITABLE WATERPROOF in Black
- RECOURBE CILS DE CHANEL Precision Eyelash Curler
- BLUSH HORIZON DE CHANEL –Exclusive Creation – 2012 Spring Collection
- ROUGE COCO Baume – 2012 Spring Collection
- LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES Glossimer in Plaisir – New – Available in 2012
- LES VERNIS Nail Colours in April, May and June – 2012 Spring Collection
The pearly white shade is called Attraction and will be out in May 2012.
Interview with Peter Philips Creative Director of Chanel Makeup
What was your inspiration to create the make up of this show? Did Karl Lagerfeld give you a brief?
To meet the inspiration of this fantastic underwater fairytale feeling and the mood of lightness, Karl wanted shine and pearl. He made some beautiful sketches where the girls
had pearl studded ears and pearls following the spine.
Where was the focus?
The focus was on luminosity, purity and a touch of humour. I did pale, glowy skin with a pink/coral blush, a wet shiny eyelid finished with black eyeliner, slightly glossy lips and randomly placed pearl piercings. Some girls had a pearl spine.
Can you describe it and tell us the products you used?
For skin I used Vitalumière Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup Cream Compacts. Forthe eyes I used Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner in Ebène, Mascara Inimitable Waterproof in Black, Le Crayon Khôl Intense Eye Pencil in Clair and two shades of Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow – Fantasme and Emerveillé. For the cheeks I used Blush Horizon de CHANEL. On the lips I used Rouge Coco Baume and Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Plaisir.
Is there a specific product that you particularly developed, or enjoyed using for this makeup look?
I created a white, pearl nail polish exclusively for the show and for the more “colourful” passages I used three nail polish shades called April, May and June. All three shades come out next Spring. You can see them here.
Do you have some professional tips or tricks to share with us?
This is a very accessible, wearable look that is easy to apply and flattering for most women. The balance between shine and matte, topped with a hint of colour, is a perfect way to float into Spring 2012.
Photos by Vincent Lappartient