What I really like about Fashion weeks is that you can check out great looks created by famous makeup artists. You can even try to create them yourself. What looks did you like from the New York Fashion Week Spring 2010? I liked some of them but here are 3 that I liked the most so far. What do you think? Would you give them a try?
Georges Chakra Spring 2010(MAC cosmetics)
This look was created by Gregory Arlt (Senior Makeup Artist for M.A.C) and this is my favorite look!
Products that he used (everything by MAC):
- Face and Body Foundation
Mineralize Skinfinish +136 Brush
- Rice Paper Eye Shadow (under the brow and on the upper cheekbone)
- Cream Colour Base in Fawntastic (over the lid)
- All That Glitters Eye Shadow (on the eyelid and under the brow bone)
- Cork Eye Shadow (crease)
- Fluidline in Dipdown + 210 Brush
- M.A.C PRO Longlash Mascara
- Lustreglass in Love Nectar
- Sun Basque Blush
Chris Benz Spring 2010 (Lancome)
Refined 60’s party girl
- Lancôme Génifique
- Lancôme Génifique Eye (Available 10/15/09)
- Shu Uemura Nobara Foundation
- Lancôme Ageless Minérale Translucent Powder
- Lancôme Pop ‘n Cheeks in Coral Flirt (Available Spring 2010)
- Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara in Black
- Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Chris & Tell (Available Spring 2010)
- Lancôme Le Vernis in Bon Bon Strawberry and Mademoiselle Grape (Coming this November)
How to create
For the makeup Chris asked Daniel [Martin] to create a sun-kissed, fresh look. He wanted a healthy skin and prominent lip.
Daniel gave the models a natural glow by applying Généfique Activating Skin Concentrate to clean skin followed by Généfique Eye to open up and brighten the eye area. The complexion was perfectly even and polished. Shu Uemura Nobara Foundation was applied to even out the skin tone and Lancôme Ageless Mineral Transluscent powder was dusted over the entire face. Pop ‘n Cheeks in Coral Flirt was used as a highlighter and lightly applied to the cheekbones near the temple for just a hint of color. To define the eyes, Daniel smudged Le Crayon Khôl in black coffee on the upper and lower lash lines. Several coats of Hypnôse Mascara in black were applied for thick, black lashes…
Lips were bright and creamy. Daniel used L’Absolu Rouge in Chris & Tell for a vivid, coral-colored pout. Chris and Tell is the fifth lipstick in the Pout-à-Porter designer lipstick series and will be available in spring 2010 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
To complement the colors in the collection, the models donned pretty pink polishes on their nails and toes. Le Vernis in Bon Bon Strawberry was worn on the nails and Mademoiselle Grape on the toes. Both nail polishes are from La Collection Lollipop that will be available later.
Derek Lam Spring 2010(NARS)
While a sea of dark makeup colors seemed to evoke an anti-spring attitude at other runway shows, it was beginning to look a lot more like spring at Derek Lam, where models sported pastel, candy-floss-like shades. Indeed, Nars lead artist Tom Pecheux name-checked Coney Island and Asbury Park as inspirations for the rainbow of pretty colors he washed over eyelids and cheeks. Giving the look a tribal twist, Pecheux drew lines of shadow straight across the lids. “I love when the multiple colors are drawn straight across and outward for a very tribal effect,” said Pecheux. “I used the new Easy Lover lip gloss on just the outline of the lips to have the girls appear doll-like.”
How to create this look
- Blend NARS Sheer Glow Foundation with a foundation brush into skin and set with NARS Loose Powder
- Buff skin with NARS Kabuki Artisan Boton Brush for a porcelain doll effect
- Using the emerald side of NARS Misfit Duo Eyeshadow and NARS Eye Shader brush, drag the shadow along the lower lash line straight across until just past the outer corner
- Dust the violet side of NARS Jolie Poupee Duo Eyeshadow on the eyelids; use the darker side in the crease and fade into the temple joining the emerald green from Misfit
- Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with NARS Bains Douche Glitter Pencil (NEW for Spring 2010), making the connection between the purple and green
- After curling lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler, apply three coats of NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara on the top and bottom lashes
- Dust the burnt orange side of NARS Mediteranee Duo Eyeshadow along the brow bone.
- Fill in the lips lightly with NARS Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, dotting the lips with your fingers to blend it in.
- Outline the lips with NARS Easy Lover Lip Gloss (NEW for Spring 2010) to create a plush-looking, glassy pout.
- Apply NARS Nico Blush to give a subtle hint of highlighting
- Dust Desire Blush in round, circular movements onto the apples of the cheeks
- Finish with NARS Taj Mahal Blush, blending it in with the pink cheeks and up towards the temples.
Some information about the first look is from this blog
Everything else is official info.