Don’t know about you, but I LOVE looking at the makeup looks at the couture shows. And also finding out what products were used to create the look and the inspiration behind it.
I was happy to get the details about the Chanel Couture S/S 2012 and the interview with Peter Philips about it.
Skin prepared with HYDRA BEAUTY SERUM – New – Available in May 2012
- PERFECTION LUMIÈRE Long-Wear Flawless Fluid SPF 10
- ÉCLAT LUMIÈRE Highlighter Face Pen
- POUDRE UNIVERSELLE LIBRE Natural Finish Loose Powder
- ILLUSION D’OMBRE Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Apparition and Destination – New – Exclusive Collection*
- LE CRAYON YEUX Precision Eye Definer in Bleu Aérien – New – Exclusive Collection*
- STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF Long-lasting Eyeliner in Marine
- LE CRAYON KHÔL Intense Eye Pencil in Marine
- CRAYON SOURCILS Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil
- MASCARA INIMITABLE INTENSE in Noir
- RECOURBE CILS DE CHANEL Precision Eyelash Curler
- JOUES CONTRASTE Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin
- ROUGE COCO BAUME Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm – 2012 Spring Collection
- ROUGE COCO Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Superstition – 2012 Spring Collection
- LE CRAYON LÈVRES Precision Lip Definer in Natural
- LES VERNIS Nail Colour in Sky Line – New – Exclusive Collection*
Here is what Peter Philips says about the look:
‘For the SS 2012 Haute Couture show we went for a focus on the eyes and a touch of pearl on the nails.
The brief I had from Karl Lagerfeld was blue and make sure the models don’t look like stewardesses.
In combination with the hair statements it was the most flattering and contemporary for the models to have a simple kohl-eye look, but instead of going for black kohl, I created a few blue alternatives for this flight.
Blue Aérien is a new intense blue eye pencil that I applied to contour the eyes. I created two new Illusion d’Ombre. The shade Apparition is an intense, greyish blue that I applied on top of the eye pencil, fading out towards the outer corner of the eye, and Destination is a pale, silvery satin blue that I used on the inner corner of the eye and very moderate under the eyebrow.
I finished the look with black mascara Inimitable Intense –Black and a deep blue line in the eye with the Crayon Khôl –Marine.
For the nails I created a pale pearl blue shade called Le Vernis – Sky Line. It’s a beautiful, easy to apply, pearly (on the edge of metallic) shade that matched perfectly with the range of blues that Karl used for this Haute Couture collection.
Images and info from Chanel.