Now a lot of people are obsessed with organic and eco- friendly cosmetics. So today I would like to tell you about Russian brand Green Mama which I obviously get from Russia. I tried it when I was in one of my favourite cities in the world – Saint Petersburg and went shopping. I got several products and I loved them so much that I had to try more. Since that time I’ve tried more than 20 products of the brand and I liked almost all of them. So today I would like to introduce you to this line.
This is what tis written about the brand:
Green Mama develops Eco-friendly & Chic cosmetic products for the idealists of the world, for all those who read the label before choosing a cream.
All our products respect nature. Some of them are certified by Ecocert..
Our team of young and daring specialists uses the most innovative technologies and brings you an alternative to chemical cosmetics. For all those who no longer want to be poisoned, we offer, for example:
- encapsulation of solar filters to keep them from penetrating the skin.
- plant extraction without chemical solvents, which yields extracts so concentrated that a small quantity is enough to reproduce the full benefits of the plant.
- natural, gentle, and effective preservation techniques
- “eco-friendly” cosmetic products
- No mineral oil or other petrochemical derivatives
- No animal products
- No synthetic perfumes or dyes
- No animal testing
- And no preservatives in our new product lines!!
Our line of shampoos has earned the “Organic Cosmetic” label from the Ecocert certification organization.
A rigorously eco-friendly factory
Montauroux Factory (Var)Green Mama creates its beauty products carefully, responsibly, and respectfully. The Ecocert certification of our factory is proof of our commitment.
Ecocert, what’s that?
Ecocert LogotypeEcocert is an independent certification and monitoring organization originally created in 1991 to guarantee the AB food label (Agriculture Biologique – Organic Agriculture). Then in 2002, Ecocert proposed production requirements for “Ecological and Organic Cosmetics” which regulate the use of the term “Bio” (organic) which, up until that time, had been used in cosmetics without any oversight or guarantees.
An Ecocert-certified formula guarantees:
- natural ingredients obtained primarily from organic agriculture
- ecological manufacturing of the product
- a clear and precise explanation on the label of the composition and quantity of natural and organic ingredients (learn more)
- recyclable and/or biodegradable packaging
- Green Mama keeps this promise inside our factory, too.
Our factory is regularly inspected by Ecocert, which provides us with a permit for our commitment to respecting the environment with :
- nature-friendly production methods
We use non-polluting manufacturing processes which protect all the properties of nature
- cleaning the factory and production equipment with biodegradable products
To clean the floors, disinfect the production equipment, or remove oils, we use natural, biodegradable cleaning agents combined with essential oils. For cleaning and disinfecting the buildings (air and surface), we diffuse essential oils on the production and packaging sites every day (learn more)
- waste recycling
We recycle: cardboard, glass, paper and other materials, and we collaborate with a specialized recycling company
- recyclable packaging
We select recyclable materials for packaging our products: cardboard containers, bottles made with glass or PET.
So what do you think? Would you like to try it? You can check the out their official website and see for yourself. As for me, I still buy Green Mama! Thank God for my Russian friends 🙂 I already reviewed some of their products and 2 of them are in English. You can read the reviews here.