It’s not a secret that my favourite mascara of all times is Hypnose by Lancome but I like trying new mascaras from time to time.
While a lot of people say that it’s a waste of money to buy a high-end mascara I have to disagree because I personally see a HUGE difference in a high-end and drugstore mascara. Yes, I do love Max Factor mascaras and some others are not so bad but they can’t replace the high-end mascaras for me. But I am talking about my own lashes. On some other people I can’t really tell the difference.
And I am obviously not trying to say that all the high-end mascaras are brilliant but most of those that I’ve tried are really good and in my opinion are worth the money. Maybe if you have long and thick lashes you can get a £5 mascara and be happy with it but I am not so lucky, so I can’t.
So today I want to tell you about one of those good high-end mascaras. And it is Film Noir mascara by Hourglass Cosmetics.
I have to start with saying that I love the design so much. It is simple and elegant, just what you would expect from a mascara which retails for £20/$28.
And what is about the mascara itself?
- It is really really good!
- It is true black
- It gives my lashes length and volume without clumping
- Although it’s not a waterproof mascara it doesn’t move all over the place when your eye are watering. And when I don’t get enough of sleep (almost every night) my eyes are really watering, some people even think that I am crying so this is a huge benefit for me.
- It stays on for the whole day without fading or falling under your eyes.
- This mascara doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes (speaking about myself here) but I also plan to test in on others later.
- It is without: Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan
This is a perfect mascara if you don’t want a super dramatic effect but don’t want it to be “too natural”.
You can see the great effect on the photo. Yes, I constantly change the shape of my brows trying to find a perfect one. And, as you can see, besides being short and thin :cries: my lashes are also very light so a good mascara is a must have.
Good job with this mascara, Hourglass. I liked this mascara but I was totally blown away with the quality of their duo eye shadows. Stay tuned for the review.