I suffer from insomnia and sometimes I can’t fall asleep no matter how tired I am. So I thought that I really need to change a lot of things. This is why I made this list.
- Go for a walk before going to bed.
- If you can’t go for a walk open window at least for 30 minutes.
- Drink warm milk with honey. Lady from Loneliness On the Net (or in the Web), a book by Wisniewski was drinking warm milk all the time. I really liked that book 😉
- Mint or herbal tea. I have a tea called ” Sweet dreams” with chamomile and other herbs that help you to relax and calm down.
- Try to avoid watching movies in bed, reading and eating. Your mind should remember that you sleep in bed.
- Be sure that you don’t eat beafore going to bed.
- Get yourself an orthopedic mattress. I just got myself one! It is a bit expensive but is totally worth it! Mine is blue with daisies 🙂
- Be sure to sleep in comfortable clothes.
- It’s always great to take a bath before going to bed. Especially with essential oils , candles and relaxing music.
- Ask your husband or bf to make you a massage. But you can massage your neck, face and feet yourself.
- Read about breathing techniques that help you to relax. It really helps!
- Get speacial night creams for face and body. They are usually lavender scented.
- There are aslo special mists just for your bed linen. So spray it on your pillow and blanket. Of course don’t forget to change the bed linen often enough.
- I read that the best way is to sleep on your back. Although it is the biggest challenge for me, I am trying my best . When you sleep with your face on the pillow you get wrinkles faster.
- One of the best things to use before going to sleep is Peace of Mind by Origins.
- If nothing helps – consult the doctor if you can use melatonin. Some of my friends used it and they were very happy with it! But remember that you can’t use it all the time.
I hope you find these tips helpful.And what are your sleeping tips? Please share them with me!