I am still in love with the Jo Malone’s mini cologne set I’ve got myself as a Christmas present several years ago, which is why I always recommend getting them, as a present for yourself or a special friend.
This year the brand actually brought out two gorgeous looking collections, one with colognes, and the other one with colognes intense. It is as good as it gets, really.
Jo Malone Cologne Collection, £68/$110
- Zesty Lime Basil and Mandarin: fresh limes and zesty mandarin undercut by peppery basil and aromatic white thyme.
- Blackberry and Bay: deep, tart blackberry juice, just-gathered bay and brambly woods.
- Amber and Lavender: a subtle, spicy warm scent of petit grain, French lavender and amber.
- Peony and Blush Suede: a charming mix of peonies, red apple, jasmine, rose and gillyflower mingled with sensual blush suede.
- Wood Sage and Sea Salt: woody earthiness mixed with sage the sea.
Wood Sage and Sea Slat is the only cologne that I still don’t have, Peony and Blush Suede I’ve got for my Mum, and other three I do own and love!
Jo Malone Cologne Intense Collection, /$135
- Tuberose Angelica: the tuberose, the queen of white florals, is touched with the green spiciness of angelica and warmed by amber wood.
- Velvet Rose and Oud: a mix of dark, rich damask rose wrapped with smoky oud wood and spiked with clove.
- Saffron: a spicy blend of golden saffron, pink pepper and incense.
- Dark Amber and Ginger Lily: amber and black orchid enriched with black cardamom, ginger and water lily.
- Oud and Bergamot: a mysterious mix of bergamot, cedarwood and oud
Now this set I so wouldn’t mind having…
Besides the fragrances, there are a lot of other value sets, and some best-selling products in a special packaging to choose from. My personal favourite has to be this one:
Travel candle collection (£62). It contains Pomegranate Noir , Pine & Eucalyptus, Incense & Embers. Each is 60g