This time makeup collection by Chanel was inspired by pearls and we all know how much Mademoiselle Chanel loved pearls. Peter Philips wanted to create a beautiful collection which would reflect the iridescent refections of pearls.
Collection includes new format of eye shadows – quints Ombres Perlees De Chanel
“CHANEL has created a tailor-made case to hold all of this magic. The classic black case becomes rectangular to contain five iridescent shades captured in a rich cream texture that glides smoothly over the skin. Blanc perlé, Rose porcelaine, Violine clair, Gris vert and Gris noir scintillant offer a bewitching odyssey with each sumptuous and capricious colour. The exquisitely fresh eye shadows are applied easily with the double-tipped foam applicator or fingertips. They can even stray from the eyelids to enliven cheekbones with a touch of shine.”
Poudre Universelle Compacte
- Rose Merveille, a pale pink with subtle sparkles for a halo of light.
- Espiegle, a silken rosy peach blush.
- Jersey Rose, a pink that flatters all skin tones, to wear to your heart’s desire.
- Peregrina, a delicate coral for the great outdoors.
- Flamboyante, a rosy red that shimmers like a promise of happiness.
- Coquette, a vivid, energising pink, steeped in radiance.
Le Crayon Levres
- Nakkar, an intrepid soda pink warmed by golden facets.
- Aragonite, leaves a sheer finish of subtle pink and blue flecks on the lips
- Pearl Drop, pure and white in natural daylight, it reveals golden reflections under evening light.
- Black Pearl, a pearly grey shimmering with deep blue and green reflections, like a black pearl from the Pacific.
- Peche Nacree, a soft and feminine shade that opts for a tender bronze effect.
Les 4 Ombres
- Regard Perle, a palette dominated by a trio of pale, sunny tones, waiting for a dash of sparkling anthracite green to reveal all the facets of their character.
Le Crayon Yeux
- Gris Scintillant, gives a dramatic attitude to light eyeshadows and emphasises the sophisticated style of darker colours.
If you want to see how the eye shadows and nail polish look applied click here.
I think this is a nice collection and I am interested in several items but I am afraid that I still like the YSL makeup collection for spring 2011 more.