Les Perles de Chanel Makeup Collection for Spring 2011
This time makeup collection by Chanel was inspired by pearls and we all know how much Mademoiselle Chanel loved pearls. Peter Philips wanted to create a beautiful collection which would reflect the iridescent refections of pearls.
Collection includes new format of eye shadows – quints Ombres Perlees De Chanel
“CHANEL has created a tailor-made case to hold all of this magic. The classic black case becomes rectangular to contain five iridescent shades captured in a rich cream texture that glides smoothly over the skin. Blanc perlé, Rose porcelaine, Violine clair, Gris vert and Gris noir scintillant offer a bewitching odyssey with each sumptuous and capricious colour. The exquisitely fresh eye shadows are applied easily with the double-tipped foam applicator or fingertips. They can even stray from the eyelids to enliven cheekbones with a touch of shine.”
Poudre Universelle Compacte
- Rose Merveille, a pale pink with subtle sparkles for a halo of light.
- Espiegle, a silken rosy peach blush.
- Jersey Rose, a pink that flatters all skin tones, to wear to your heart’s desire.
- Peregrina, a delicate coral for the great outdoors.
- Flamboyante, a rosy red that shimmers like a promise of happiness.
- Coquette, a vivid, energising pink, steeped in radiance.
Le Crayon Levres
- Nakkar, an intrepid soda pink warmed by golden facets.
- Aragonite, leaves a sheer finish of subtle pink and blue flecks on the lips
- Pearl Drop, pure and white in natural daylight, it reveals golden reflections under evening light.
- Black Pearl, a pearly grey shimmering with deep blue and green reflections, like a black pearl from the Pacific.
- Peche Nacree, a soft and feminine shade that opts for a tender bronze effect.
Les 4 Ombres
- Regard Perle, a palette dominated by a trio of pale, sunny tones, waiting for a dash of sparkling anthracite green to reveal all the facets of their character.
Le Crayon Yeux
- Gris Scintillant, gives a dramatic attitude to light eyeshadows and emphasises the sophisticated style of darker colours.
If you want to see how the eye shadows and nail polish look applied click here.
I think this is a nice collection and I am interested in several items but I am afraid that I still like the YSL makeup collection for spring 2011 more.