Here is a preview of the Chanel’s makeup collection for Spring 2018 which was inspired by Lucia Pica’s hometown, Naples. And it is such a beautiful, colourful and uplifting collection for SS, think yellow, pink and teal.
OLES 9 OMBRES Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette ($70)
The star of the collection. This palette was inspired by the frescoes of Pompeii and is a combination of bold colours and neutral tones, with matte to satin powder finishes. The mattes are: peachy-pink, mink brown, and faded grey-green; satin-finish shades: turquoise blue-green, bright green, luminous peachy-beige, gold, dark rusty red-brown, and bronze grey-blue.
The other brand new products are the POUDRE À LÈVRES Lip Balm And Powder Duo ($37). A colourful matte powder that can be worn alone or mixed with the moisturizing balm for a blurred, artistic effect on both cheeks and lips.
410 ROSSO POMPEIANO, 415 ROSSO PARTHENOPE and 418 ROSA TEMPERA
JOUES CONTRASTE ($45) in
When you have been around for a while (it will be 9 years next month), you can remember posting about the Pantone Colour of the Year a few times: Greenery, Marsala, Radiant Orchid, Emerald and Tangerine Tango.
So it is time to take a look at the colour of 2018 which is Ultraviolet.
Here is how it is officially described: “a dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future“.
As for the
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
Please excuse the lack of features in the last two months but work and personal life just got in the way. However, I am determined to be better with the posts in 2018. But if you do not want to miss updates from me, you are welcome to follow me on Instagram and Twitter.
I would like to dedicate the first feature of 2018 to the new products from my favourite brands: Rouge Bunny Rouge, theBalm, Hourglass and BECCA.
Rouge Bunny Rouge just brought out a Provenance Tales Collector’s Coffret which includes Silvan, Incognito and Silhouette. Each comes is a gorgeous 15 ml glass bottle, so luxurious. A great way to discover the brand. There is also a Fragrant Confections which includes Chatoyant, Vespers and Tenera.
theBalm just released quite a few exciting products. I love theBalm Meet Matt(e) Trimony Matte Eyeshadow Palette (Review and Swatches) so am happy to see Meet Matt(e) Shmaker Eyeshadow Palette ($29.50) which includes a paired selection of 6 matte and 6 shimmer shadows, so dreamy.
There is also a new highlighter. And, as you know, I am also a huge fan of their theBalm The Manizer Sisters Palette (Review and Swatches).The new addition is called Bonnie-Lou Manizer Highlighter & Shimmer ($24) and it is a “gilded glow-getter is an all-in-one highlighter, shadow, and shimmer”.
Finally there are two liquid highlighters: Mary-Dew Manizer & Bonnie-Dew Manizer Liquid Highlighters ($14.50). Our favourite shades now in a liquid formula. theBalm also suggest mixing these with lip products to get that sheen. Bring it on, baby!
As for Hourglass, they are on a roll with the new hot launches. There are new