I’ve posted about the books I’ve finished recently a few weeks ago, so here is the list of the books I plan on reading during the break, in case you wanted some inspiration.
- The City & The City by China Miéville (Amazon). This is the book which I was supposed to read for the book club I’ve joined, and while I did enjoy the beginning, I was disappointed by how it ended, unfortunately. For the next meeting we are reading The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World by Melinda Gates (Amazon).
- Middle England by Jonathan Coe (Amazon). I’ve already started reading this book, which you know, if you follow me on Twitter and Insta. So far, I’ve only finished part one, so it is, obviously, too early to share my impression.
3. Serotonin by Michel Houellebecq (Amazon). I have
I love discovering new brands, and also products at great prices, this is why I am excited to collaborate with Cosmetify today.
It is a brilliant service with over 200,000 products from different brands and retailers. And you get pretty much everything: makeup, skincare, fragrances and beauty accessories. You name it.
I’ve already mentioned why I liked the experience with Cosmetify briefly, but let’s take a more detailed look.
- The discount information.
I was allowed to pick up a few complimentary products for this post, and here is what I chose:
- Burberry Cat Eyelashes Mascara for £18.95; originally £24.00 (22% off)
Anne SemoninOligo Cleansing Gel, £23.10; originally £33.00 (30% off)
- BY TERRY Ligne Blackstar Eyeliner So Black £16.95; originally £26.00 (35% off)
- REN Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish, £22.95; originally £35.00 (35% off)
As you can see,
It’s that time again when I share my seasonal favourites. Here is a look at my Summer picks, in case you’ve missed it. And here is what I’ve been loving this Autumn.
- Victoria Beckham Beauty eye makeup as seen here. I’ve been looking forward to the launch of the VB Beauty line, and picked up the eye products the day they launched, and was not disappointed. I have a very detailed review (linked above) so won’t repeat myself. While I did not pick up anything else, I am excited to see what else Victoria is going to launch. There is definitely a foundation coming our way.
2. Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
It would make more sense to publish this feature before the affordable one but the fact is, it took me quite some time to think of the best items to include in this category because, I think, this is the category most people are interested in. So here we are, all items are under £50.
2. Viseart eyeshadow palettes, from Cult Beauty.
I like Viseart eye shadows, and there are quite a few to choose from which are under £50, the one shown is the latest release, Dark EDIT Eyeshadow Palette, £30.
3. BECCA Your Glow-To Glow Primer, Highlighter & Lip Kit, £30 from Space NK.
BECCA used to be one of my favourite brands, and while I don’t follow them that much after the company was sold to EL, I still like the good old gems from them. You get Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop, Backlight Priming Filter (15ml) and Ultimate Lipstick Love in Orchid as a part of the kit. And gotta love the festive packaging.
Skin and Body Care
It’s already a tradition to write about Pantone colour of the year, and I was eagerly looking forward to the announcement. And, not only do I love it [classic blue], I am also not surprised by their choice, I think it’s a good one.
“Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.”
You can read more about it at Pantone.
As for beauty and makeup,