There is nothing that I love more, beauty wise, than reading a well-written perfume review. In my opinion, not that many people can talk beautifully about scents, and it’s a pleasure to find someone who can. For example, I really enjoy The Non Blonde.
I am personally a newbie in a perfumery world, and while, I can already guess what fragrance I may like, describing it is still a huge challenge. Lovely, doesn’t count, right? 😉
As I’ve already mentioned, at this point, I can tell more, or less, what I would and would not like, thanks to hours spent at different perfumery shops and the lovely sails assistants, who were helpful and friendly.
So today, I want to tell you about the scent that I would call my signature, and it’s actually my second bottle.
And it is
Do you like Gossip Girl? I do. You’d be happy to find out that one ofof the Gossip Girls – Taylor Momsen aka Jenny my least fave of them is now the spokesmodel for the new perfume by John Galliano! The fragrance is called Parlez Moi d’Amour and is named after Edith Piaf’s song.
The story behind this perfume:
Young rock star got lost in Berlin and she writes the letter to
It’s been a long time since I wrote about my favourite blogs. Today I will tell you about 2 very special blogs and VERY special bloggers behind them. I am very lucky to know both bloggers “personally” .
When I started my blog I had no idea that there were so many beauty blogs out there so I was very surprised to discover that. And these 2 blogs were among the first that I discovered. I love them since the very first day I found them. I am talking about the fabulous BritishBeautyBlogger and Bjooti. Today I will tell you the reasons why I like these blogs and the ladies “behind them” and I hope you will like them, too.
- I love the blog and the person behind it. Yes, I had to write that 😉
- BBB is written by a professional beauty journalist and I absolutely love the style of writing and the content, of course. She wrote for a lot of famous magazines and news papers!
- J. is the first one to know almost all the beauty details. She also is the first one to publish reviews about the new products.
- I know that BBB a has beauty room and I saw some photos she posted on twitter. There are a lot of things in that room! I just can’t imagine how I am living without a beauty room, maybe because you can find makeup in all the rooms of my flat and in almost all my bags (and I have over 30).
- I personally ( and I know that I am not the only one) love that BBB talks not only about beauty but she also talks about blogging itself and related issues. That is an inspiration for some and pain in the @$$ for others. I admire that she is not afraid to tell what’s on her mind!
- If to talk about J. herself – she’s been an amazing friend, always supported me and often cheered me up when I was in a very bad mood! <3
- The other blog and blogger that I love is Bjooti and Kat.
- Unfortunately I can’t
Barbie Loves Stila Lip Glaze(see the image above) $ 22 in
- Sugar Lips
- Pucker Up
is already available here
Barbie Loves Stila Lip Enamel, $32
- Tickled Pink
Barbie Loves Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner, $20
Barbie Loves Stila Smudge Pot, $20 bright blue with blue shimmer
Barbie Loves Stila All Dolled Up Palette, $28 includes 4 pieces each has 3 colors.
Check out the images
I love writing Christmas gift guides but especially the luxury ones, because when else other than Christmas (and your Birthday, perhaps), you can get away with asking for something high-end? Or, maybe, getting a real treat for your loved ones or even for yourself?
So here are my top picks when it comes to luxury beauty products. And I’ve included only the things which I’ve tried myself and loved, or the things that I think deserve attention.
And, yes, I am aware that it is only October but I know a lot of people who like to plan in advance.
1. Liberty London Advert, £215 from the 16th of October.
This is the ultimate beauty gift, in my opinion. My husband very kindly got it for me last Christmas, and it was one of the best gifts ever. It is worth £600 so £215 is a bargain, if I dare say so.
Alternative: I have posted a lot of other Advent Beauty Calendars on my Facebook page.
2. Goutal Perfumes, £110/£132 for 100 ml from Liberty, Escentual, Harrods.
There is something so special about the Goutal Paris perfumes (the brand was called Annick Goutal previously). The scents are exquisite and sophisticated, the bottles are gorgeous and elegant. If money was not an option I would love to have a whole wardrobe of their beautiful fragrances. But, as for now, I am really enjoying Rose Pompon. Also worth mentioning that the brand recently released alcohol free scents.
3. Foreo Gadgets, £119 for a small one or £169 for a big version from Cult Beauty and Nordstrom.
Brilliant Swedish brand which offers a big variety of facial cleansing and massaging devices, toothbrushes and more. Not only the design is Scandi-chic, the gadgets last forever (here, here, here are mine) but they also are very effective.
4. Omorovicza Skincare Sets Replenish & Restore Collection shown, £95 from Cult Beauty
It’s not a secret that am a big fan of Omorovicza, and, obviously, had to include their sets in the guide. My skin loves it, and that justifies the price tag for me. The set I’ve chosen includes: Miracle Facial Oil (30ml) Rejuvenating Night Cream (15ml), and Omoressence (50ml) .
Alternatives: 111skin, Anne Semonin. Both brands with a hefty price tags which I’ve tried some products from, and loved.
5. Luxury Hair Care: Leonor Greyl, Long Hair Volume Set, €120 from
I love me a luxury hair care products, and Leonor Greyl is as good, as it gets. Everything I’ve tried from the brand was exceptional quality: