As I’ve already mentioned, the times when I would get all those limited edition eye shadow palettes and yet another *insert a name of the product* are long gone. Now I only get products when I finish something (I have empties save stories over at my Insta) or when I really want that item. So here is my current wish list. And I am also including the things which I have finished so that you see what is being replaced.
I use up red nail varnishes like it’s nobody’s business so my current classic red which is CND’s Red-Y To Roll (see it here) is almost gone. I really enjoyed using it but would love to try Essie’s Gel Couture one now. I’d love Lady in Red or Rock the Runway, would have to see them in person, I am very specific about my reds.
I am obsessed with a glow-giving makeup base, and
It is December, so it is almost Christmas time, hopefully you all are enjoying your advent calendars, as much as I am enjoying mine.
My friends and family have been asking me what I’d like for Christmas so I thought I’d make a list. And instead of posting numerous gift guides I’d just share what I’d love to receive myself, and maybe it will inspire you, too. I actually love lists! I am not a fan of excessive consumerism so it is nice to know what exactly people want or need.
And by the way, it is not like I expect to get all of these things [which all together would cost a fortune] for Christmas. It is just a wish list.
Here we go:
- Dear Diary in black (£29.50 from here). I had one last year, and would really want the same one again for 2019. So far 2018 was the most insane year for me, and I know that 2019 will be even better.
- New shades. After browsing the shops for hours and hours, I’ve found two pairs that I loved. And I believe that sunglasses are something one has to invest in, never buy cheap ones. I loved the mirrored pink RayBans (shopbop) and black YSL (Net a Porter and Nordstrom). All the shades that I have are designer but I have been wearing them for years, they served me well and were worth the investment. But my collection could benefit from the two pairs mentioned above.
- Nailberry nail polishes (£14) Ok, I know this is beauty. But red polishes for me is a must have “accessory”. And I’ve been wanting to try this brand for ages (ever since it launched). The shade showed is Cherry Cherie.
Mason Pearson mini Brush (from Escentuals, Nordstrom and Net a Porter).These are very expensive but I’ve heard that they are almost life changing, dramatic much. I also know that they’d last a lifetime so would be very grateful to get a small handbag version. It is on top of my beauty wish list.
Aesop Products (Nordstrom,Cult Beauty, Net a Porter) I have tried very few products from Aesop, and would love to get more familiar with the brand. I’d love to start with their hand cream and hand wash. Maybe a face serum, as well? Shown is
While I am still trying to figure out what were my absolutely favourite products of 2017, here is a feature on my January 2018 favourites, and since I have missed the November and December 2017, there are quite a few products.
While the first product is a firm favourite which I have been using for years (they have a new packaging now) the CT lipstick is a new addition to the products I love. I actually created a Pinterest board about this lipstick for a competition when it just launched. This was a product from a friend who thought I’d like it, and she was right, it is incredible. Gorgeous colour, opaque and not flat, and comfortable but, at the same time, long-lasting formula.
For the eyes I have four products: Clarins Graphik Ink Liner (Selfridges,Harrods, Escentual.com, Nordstorm, Sephora, Bergdorf Goodman.) is the best one I have used in a very long time: it is intensely black and glossy, long-lasting, and very easy to use. A firm favourite, I highly recommend. As for the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curl Addict Mascara in Black Brown (Amazon and Amazon UK) long time readers will know that MF are the only high street mascaras that I use, I am a mascara snob, because, unfortunately, cheap mascaras do not work for me. And I did not plan on getting a Brown version I just did not look properly in the shop. Can’t believe this happened again. But I am loving the softer version of the dark brown.
I barely ever use anything from EL but I am absolutely in love with this eye shadow which was a present from the same friend who gave me the lipstick. This shade goes really well with my other all time favourites, my little duo which is always with me, and I love pairing it with my beloved Inglot Eye Shadows AMC Shine 37 (here).The colour and the sparkling finish are just dreamy.
I also have two
I’ve been wanting to try OROFLUIDO Beauty Shampoo for Your Hair for some time, so I’ve bought it back in January finally. I have actually finished the bottle already, so it’s about time to write a review.
According to the brand, this shampoo contains 3 natural oils:
- Argan oil strengthens hair and makes it extremely light and incredibly silky.
- Cyperus oil gives natural protection against free radicals. It makes hair soft and voluminous, leaving it manageable, smooth and flexible.
- Linseed oil seals and smoothes the hair cuticle, providing uniformity and control. As a result, hair gathers and reflects the light, giving it a spectacular shine.
I was very excited to try it, as I’ve read so many good things about it.
My favourite thing about OROFLUIDO Beauty shampoo was definitely
What’s the best way to start Spring? Of course, with some beauty shopping. To celebrate the new season Cult Beauty launched this amazing Goody Bag. All the details and products featured see below. I am thrilled to see that they have included my favourite shampoo ever from Philip B.
Also, I finally had some time to catch up on the makeup looks from the Fashion Weeks (yes, I love close-ups of those looks, unlike many), I have to admit that some of them were truly inspiring. Here is the one from Fendi, how cool does it