Don’t we all want to glow for Spring? Luckily the brands got us covered with their newest releases. There are new highlighter palettes and individual shades.
Laura Mercier Lightstruck Prismatic Glow Palette $52 from Sephora
I remember how I was dying to get LM Bonne Mine palette ages ago, and this one has a similar concept but the packaging is so much more prettier, those pastels! The Prismatic palette contains lightweight, sheer, and blendable cream highlighters that give you the desired glow.
Here are some tips:
- For a discrete warm glow base, apply Aurora all over the face, cheeks, and eyes.
- For a refined glow, layer Reflect or Prism to add a chic sheen to your skin.
- For a special-effect glow, layer Beam or Ray to impart an iridescent reflection or wet-like dewiness.
NARS Banc De Sable Highlighter Palette $49 from Sephora
This palette features three highlighters (0.11 oz/ 3.4 g):
- Rivage (glistening pearl)
- Salé (shimmering peach champagne)
- Embruns (metallic rose gold)
BECCA, a brand well-known for their base products launched a new primer, and
Two months of 2017 are down, wow, how did it happen? But this means that it is time for monthly favourites.
To be honest, I loved/used pretty much the same products as in January, and there are very few additions.
Also, this month most of the the products I have been loving are very
cheap affordable. Let’s take a look.
I have started using my lip liners more often – especially the ArtDeco Soft Lip Liner Waterproof in 80 (review and swatches) and Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Lipner in East End Snob (review and swatches). I actually want to get the Rimmel one in red now, too. I don’t really overdraw my lips like there is no tomorrow, I mainly use them to create the shape I want, and make the lipstick look more defined. But if you want to create fuller lips – this video from Lisa Eldridge is pretty awesome.
The other cheap and cheerful product I loved is the Makeup Revolution Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Redemption Palette Iconic 3 (you can get it from Amazon UK or Amazon) which, according to all the reviews is a dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked 3. I have so many Urban Decay palettes which I have been buying over the years, but for some reason I barely ever use them, however I have been reaching for this Revolution one all the time. There are several shades I really love, and the quality is very decent, in my opinion. This palette was a present from a friend.
It’s not a secret that my favourite affordable skincare brand is
After all those matte and opaque lipsticks which we all wore in AW, so many brands are launching new lipsticks with glossy textures and lip glosses for Spring! Watch this space…
Here are just a few new releases, but expect to see many more.
I am personally a big fan of Chanel glosses and have quite a few Glossimers, so I am excited to try the new ones. Coco Glosses are described as hydrating and with an intense shine. There are 24 shades in different finishes: iridescent, lacquered and opaque.
Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip, $28 from Sephora
Summer makeup collections are about to pop up in the shops, and quite a few bronzers are already available online, so here is a preview.
YSL Solar Pop Bronzing Stones Collector Palette, $55 from Barney’s
YSL’s bronzer is inspired by the vibrant colors and exotic adventure of a jungle safari, it is cloaked with a snake skin effect, and has a fire-colored logo. The bronzer itself is matte.
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelée, $45 from Bergdorf Goodman.
According to the brand, it smoothes on as a soft sheen and
Jo Malone launched a new collection of scents: The Bloomsbury collection.
“Inspired by the free spirited artists of the Bloomsbury set, a collection of scents capturing
the intoxicating essence of an unconventional life in their legendary country house in Sussex.”
- Whisky & Cedarwood is an Oriental Woody fragrance with the notes of features whiskey, rose, pimento, cedar and beeswax.
- Blue Hyacinth is a Floral fragrance with the notes of blue hyacinth, geranium and vetiver.
- Garden Lilies is a Floral Green fragrance with the notes of water lily, green notes, ylang-ylang, white musk and vanilla.
- Leather & Artemsia is a Leather fragrance with the note of absinthe, cypriol oil or nagarmotha, orris root and leather.
- Tobacco & Mandarin is an Aromatic Fruity fragrance with the notes of mandarin orange, sage, beeswax and tobacco.