Remember my post about the beautiful candles that would make a great Christmas present?
I’ve actually got the In Love Candle by Daniel Sandler just in time for Christmas from Daniel himself. That was such a lovely gift!
It comes in luxury black packaging which is glossy on two sides and matte on two other sides. Inside you can see the black, white, and red DS logos.
In Love is made with organic soy wax and is hand-poured into hand-blown Italian crystal glass.
I absolutely love the notes that were chosen for this candle:
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
I loved looking back at the most popular (most viewed) features of 2017, and the ones I personally loved writing the most so decided to do the same this year, as well. But I am combining them in one post now.
My Personal Top 5
These are the features that I wrote in 2018 that I loved working on. And, although I love all of them, here are the ones that stood out.
- Bridal Beauty: The Products I’ve Used On My Wedding Day (here).I loved writing about the products I’ve used on my wedding day. I did my own makeup, obviously.
- Nails Of The Day: Dior Pandore. Forever Red (here). This is a love letter to my red nail varnishes. Can’t live without red manicure, really.
- Holiday: Beauty Edition (here). The feature brings so many memories our a lovely time in Cyprus. I also shared the makeup/beauty products I took with me.
- My Christmas 2018 Wish List (here).It took forever to put this list together, as these are truly the items I want. Although the Christmas is long gone, I would still want all of those items ( can be for my Birthday and just because).
- Favourites Beauty Products of 2017 (here). Always love picking my absolute favourites, and this post features the ones from from 2017.
5 Features With The Most Views
As promised, here is a feature about my favourite makeup of 2018. It was supposed to be makeup and beauty but I am already almost on 1200 words so had to divide the feature into 2 parts. I’ve chosen the products that I love and used the most hence some of them may look a bit grubby but it does show that they are true favourites.
Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector (here). This is a slightly tinted primer which leaves your skin glowing and luminous. For my very dry skin it is perfect. It is a primer so barely gives any coverage but is great for adding radiance and creating that “healthy” polished look. I have used it on my wedding day, and used it up completely. Absolutely incredible! Gets big thumbs up from me.
The “foundation” I loved the most this year. A very light and moisturising one, feels light on the skin, and gives a light (to medium) coverage. According to Chanel, it contains a hyaluronic acid derivative and a complex of cotton flower and white rose plant cells. It has a relatively strong scent but I personally like it. Another thing I love about it is a chic and minimalistic tube. And SPF 15, of course.
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Lift In a Tube. Dual Ended Full Coverage Anti-Aging Concealer and Brightener (in Light). I am not sure if the name of this product could be even longer. (From Selfridges and Sephora)
Long time readers will know how I like only very light textures under my eyes hence I am such a fan of Touche Eclat (I’ve used many many tubes) and this Rouge Bunny Rouge gem. The same goes with this product, I did not use the concealer side at all. However, the Illuminator is incredible, I have almost used it up. It does not enhance the fine lines, while reflecting the light which brightens the under eye area. Just don’t expect it to cover the dark circles completely, it is not the task of this product. I wonder if this Illuminator is available individually. It seems like there is one with the same name ( It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Light).
4 theBalm Balm Desert (review).
I feel like the next two products do not need an introduction, as I’ve been talking about them non stop. I am determined to use this bronzer/blush until I am completely done with it. It sculpts and gives colour at the same time. You get definition and a healthy glow with Balm Desert. I also love the finish, it is not matte but not shimmery. Everything about it is great, including the cute cardboard packaging.
5 Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Golden Glow (review).
It’s like a healthy post-holiday glow in a bottle. A shimmery bronze which
Long time readers will know how I do not really share personal things, however, this month I’ve got married, and I wanted to share the products I’ve used on the big day. Of course, I did my own makeup.
I’ve tried many products and product combos but, in the end, I’ve just decided to use my beloved Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector (here). This is a slightly tinted primer which leaves your skin glowing and luminous. For my very dry skin it is perfect. It is a primer so barely gives any coverage but is great for adding radiance and creating that “healthy” polished look. I’ve covered all the little imperfections I’ve had with the MAC Pro Concealer and Corrector Palette in Light ( Amazon and Amazon UK) slightly powdered the t-zone with the Rouge Bunny Rouge Flawless Face Powder Precious Velvet (review). It it the only powder I use, not a fan of powder on myself. I’ve added some Highlighting Liquid Seas of Illumination in Sea Of Tranquility (review) , also by RBR, where I wanted to have more glow. I’ve chosen a cool-toned highlighter to go well with my cool toned lipstick and nail varnish. To add some warmth to my face I’ve used two of my absolute favourites – theBalm Balm Desert (review) and Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Golden Glow (review). I’ve mentioned both products so many times that I won’t go into much details again, I just bloody love both. And I always use Daniel’s blushers on brides so used my favourite shade on myself, as well. Besides the old favourites I’ve decided to try a new product for me (used it only twice before) –Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift (Nordstrom and Liberty ) and it did not disappoint. It is a